TONE TIPS!

Started by IamWILSON, November 19, 2011, 07:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stecks

Quote from: Happyorange27 on December 05, 2011, 09:43:30 PM
Cool dude. Oh and it's Adamas, not Adams. I had to learn that too:). Love them.  Get some. Happy picking.

I love those Adamas 2mm's.   I have about 40 of them, went nuts on eBay and snatched as many as I could.  Probably overkill since they never really wear down.  I play the rounded part of the pick, I feel it helps for speed/32nd's....etc....

Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ

Happyorange27

Cool.  Yeah they aren't very common but not extinct either.  People try to make it seem like they are going out of stock and try to sell them like crazy.  I've got my safety stash that will last a couple years.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

fulltone1989

Quote from: Stecks on December 12, 2012, 02:04:57 PM
Quote from: Happyorange27 on December 05, 2011, 09:43:30 PM
Cool dude. Oh and it's Adamas, not Adams. I had to learn that too:). Love them.  Get some. Happy picking.

I love those Adamas 2mm's.   I have about 40 of them, went nuts on eBay and snatched as many as I could.  Probably overkill since they never really wear down.  I play the rounded part of the pick, I feel it helps for speed/32nd's....etc....

I totally agree, I started doing this recently and noticed an improvement when practicing scales. It definitely makes strumming easier too! I even started using the rounded side for my acoustic picks and that helps a lot as well (Martin .73's.)
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

fulltone1989

Quote from: Happyorange27 on December 12, 2012, 02:21:24 PM
Cool.  Yeah they aren't very common but not extinct either.  People try to make it seem like they are going out of stock and try to sell them like crazy.  I've got my safety stash that will last a couple years.

Dunlop sells them direct from their site, my biggest problem is that I lose them! I have one bag in reserve and about 8 or 9 in a tin I have on my board. The Dunlop 2mm gator grips are decent too.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

picture_of_nectar

where do all the picks go...? The immortal question! I swear there is a black hole in my couch...that or my 3 year old is stashing them.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

fulltone1989

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on December 12, 2012, 03:06:57 PM
where do all the picks go...? The immortal question! I swear there is a black hole in my couch...that or my 3 year old is stashing them.

My laundry machine is a graphite fiend. Keeps my Dead tees all nice and sparkly though.

Stecks

Underwear/pick gnomes?
Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ

fulltone1989