Main Menu

My gear

Started by Walker done done, July 19, 2007, 01:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Quote from: \"Stiles12\"also those ht cabs look sick with the cover on them, I honestly havent been a fan of the trippy cover like bob wier would use but those look sick mic'd with two pencil condenssors, looks sick

Yeah, if you get a HT cab then you might as well get the grill cover to go along w/ it.  They make a bunch of cool ones, and I'd be willing to bet they'd do a custom job for you if you wanted.  I think they look pretty cool without a cover too, but if I got one (hopefully within a year or so) then I think I'd go for a cover of some sort.  I don't mind the ones Bobby has.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

strangedesign

Quote from: \"shakedown_04092\"
Quote from: \"Stiles12\"also those ht cabs look sick with the cover on them, I honestly havent been a fan of the trippy cover like bob wier would use but those look sick mic'd with two pencil condenssors, looks sick

Yeah, if you get a HT cab then you might as well get the grill cover to go along w/ it.  They make a bunch of cool ones, and I'd be willing to bet they'd do a custom job for you if you wanted.  I think they look pretty cool without a cover too, but if I got one (hopefully within a year or so) then I think I'd go for a cover of some sort.  I don't mind the ones Bobby has.
They will do a custom job for you! I haven't got one for mine yet...
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Stiles12

after you have had that for a few months now, how does treys sister cab sound. looks real nice but is it all it is cracked up to be. could you tell a huge deference between the sound coming from your deluxe as opposed to the sound coming from your HT.

I was reading older interviews and it said that trey used to play through a groove tube configuration. anyone out their in fantasy land know what that was, is it even true, their is so much shit that floats around about his rig that is false, this is truly the only place i trust. dont emils strangedesign haha

peace
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

strangedesign

Quote from: \"Stiles12\"after you have had that for a few months now, how does treys sister cab sound. looks real nice but is it all it is cracked up to be. could you tell a huge deference between the sound coming from your deluxe as opposed to the sound coming from your HT.

I was reading older interviews and it said that trey used to play through a groove tube configuration. anyone out their in fantasy land know what that was, is it even true, their is so much shit that floats around about his rig that is false, this is truly the only place i trust. dont emils strangedesign haha

peace
The cab sounds awesome. There is a huge difference between the internal speaker on teh deluxe and the ht cab. It is a much warmer sound. Tons of low end which I really like.

Trey did used to play a Groove Tube D-75. Yo ucan still get one for around $1700. I actually think Trey's best tone came back in the days of the Groove Tube.

www.strangedesign.org

Stiles12

question, are you sure that he was going through a d-75, i was looking at some of the 97, Europe tour and his groove tube seems to have three rows of certain knobs, looks pre-amp esk, and didnt see any sightings of the d-75 front.

I dont know if you have the colgne 97 video that was on tv in Europe when they where their but if you do, check out his amp and rack settings, maybe im wrong but im not seeing the d-75 on their.

The video i am watching i have to versions of the same show, wierd i know, one is a team hood video, and one is for the one from TV, if you have the one from TV it shows his rack close up multiple times. check it out and let me know.
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

strangedesign

Quote from: \"Stiles12\"question, are you sure that he was going through a d-75, i was looking at some of the 97, Europe tour and his groove tube seems to have three rows of certain knobs, looks pre-amp esk, and didnt see any sightings of the d-75 front.

I dont know if you have the colgne 97 video that was on tv in Europe when they where their but if you do, check out his amp and rack settings, maybe im wrong but im not seeing the d-75 on their.

The video i am watching i have to versions of the same show, wierd i know, one is a team hood video, and one is for the one from TV, if you have the one from TV it shows his rack close up multiple times. check it out and let me know.
The rack unit with 3 rows of buttons is a Custom Audio Electronics PreAmp. Check out their site for pics. I thought Trey had already made the switch from the D-75 to the Frnders by '97 but I might be wrong. If he was still playing the D-75 it will be in the bottom of his rack and you can see the tubes sticking out of the top. If you can find any '95 pics of his rig you will see it.

www.strangedesign.org

Walker done done

Fixed the pics of my gear on page 1......sorry 'bout that.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

Quote from: \"posternutbag\"very cool dude, it would appear as though we have exactly opposite tastes in guitars! i mean, i love your guitars dude, but iam like a stratocaster/prs man. i just grew up with a yamaha strat copy and ever since ive enjoyed the buttery tone.
if you dig your amp, but think its missing something, get the bais adjusted if you havnt already. swap out the tubes with some russian mig jet tubes from the 80's ( i have a guy, ill pm you his email ), go to musiktoyz and get one of those true bypass boxes that levels out your signal, put it after all your pedals and itll take all the break up in your lows out, and replace it with creamy clear bass. also definently get a 'tube box' attuenator for that amp. ive had 3 of the particular one youve got and i toured using 2 at a time in stereo for like 9 months. they dont suck, but just like a new car, you gotta tweak it a bit to get the best out of it. even with my new deville's i have the same problems i used too. also IMO that tuner should be first in your pedal chain, you can get some negative-negative feedback having it there (even when its not engaged) :0)

Thanks for the heads up.  Tuner isn't first, it's towards the end - the beginning of the chain is over to the right.  Gotta run to an appt....write more later!

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Walker done done

You got a make/model for that true bypass box?  Searched on musictoys and came up empty; maybe I was looking in the wrong place.  And where can I get more info regarding the 'tube box' attuenator?

PS - thanks for the help!  Anything that'll make it sound better is what I'm going for!

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Poster

huh i remember that the company that makes the bypass box only makes that one pedal. its also plain jane with no paint. hmmm so many different companies on their site its making this a pain!

strangedesign

http://www.loop-master.com/

I have had these guys make me a couple of boxes. These pedals are made of brushed aluminum and are super rugged. I was able to choose what color leds went on each switch. It only tooka  couple weeks to get it in the mail and they are priced much lower then other guys out there.

1st box contained 4 true bypass loops. I also had them add a main bypass switch so I can turn on or off multiple loops at once.

The 2nd box I got was a A/B/Y. I use it in the beggining of my singnal to switch between the tuner and the effects chain. Basically a silent tuner switch with 1 input and 2 outputs.

www.strangedesign.org