Boogie 50 Cal+ Head (looks just like a Mark III etc)

Started by raisingfreen, March 06, 2012, 09:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happyorange27

I know you didn't mean this happy cuz I have a Blues Jr. ;D

I like how you spelled Fuchs (Fucks). :D
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

manicstarseed

Poster - Portland OR, huh?
We should connect. I'm in Hillsboro. PM sent....
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

raisingfreen

Quote from: Poster on March 08, 2012, 12:33:16 PMedit - id like to add that all you guys should just be like walker and happy with a hotrod deville!

Walker you drivin' a deville these days? No you didn't...
I refuse to be Walkers bitch just because he gets great tone and likes to keep it real. I wont be denied. Just Say'n.
In any case thanks for the update Poster. I like the part about 'em all just being fenders. I have a feeling that makes some sense.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

raisingfreen

Quote from: Poster on March 08, 2012, 07:07:39 PM
Have a feeling it makes sense? That'll be my last post for you.

Poster,
Yes, its as simple as that. I agreed with you. Your were right. I never thought about it that way, etc...Seriously. Don't accidentally take it the wrong way.
I agree that they all are based on Fenders. You are correct. Some tighter than others sound and overall personality wise.

Please... don't give me the "No Post for You" treatment. Talk about lost in translation. Its all good man.

So what is your amp suggestion overall for a good clean tone. Maybe a step down from the high dollar stuff you play. What would you buy if you had to pay retail like the 1%'ers like me. (Again don't take the wrong way... step away from the soup).

I'll just say what everyones thinkin... We missed you man. Welcome back.

sour d

I have a mesa boogie nomad 100 head for sale if you are looking for that sort of thing. 3 footswitchable channels with footswichable boost and reverb. Each channel can be shaped as you wish.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

raisingfreen

Quote from: sour d on March 08, 2012, 10:50:09 PM
I have a mesa boogie nomad 100 head for sale if you are looking for that sort of thing. 3 footswitchable channels with footswichable boost and reverb. Each channel can be shaped as you wish.

This sounds pretty interesting. I think its time for me to take a little country drive out your direction.

manicstarseed

Quote from: raisingfreen on March 09, 2012, 09:01:26 AM
Quote from: sour d on March 08, 2012, 10:50:09 PM

This sounds pretty interesting. I think its time for me to take a little country drive out your direction.

Let us know what you think about it. there are  a couple of mods that make the Nomads killer amps. The improvement is so noticible, that I am pretty sure that sour_d did not have them done because he wouldn't be selling it if he did.
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

sour d

Quote from: manicstarseed on March 09, 2012, 10:45:29 AM
Let us know what you think about it. there are  a couple of mods that make the Nomads killer amps. The improvement is so noticible, that I am pretty sure that sour_d did not have them done because he wouldn't be selling it if he did.
You are correct. No mods have been done. It is a cool amp but you can't keep them all. I keep a small stable of amps just in case ....... Right now I have a '64 deluxe, a HRD, a PRS sweet 16, a blackface champ, a '76 twin, a fender concert amp, a musicmaster bass amp modded, etc..
Quote from: raisingfreen on March 09, 2012, 09:01:26 AM
If you are going to see Jezmund and the family bezurkers tonight I can bring it or you can swing over sometime.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

raisingfreen

yo sour d,
You bring by the house that little 64 deluxe and you can pretty much take my whole stash of amps. Either way I'll see you tonight at the bazerka's.

Call after work maybe.
Freen

raisingfreen

Well my GAS for this new amp has ended for now as it appears to have sold.