picture_of_nectar

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

fulltone1989

Quote from: fulltone1989 on June 05, 2012, 02:39:25 PM
Quote from: picture_of_nectar on June 05, 2012, 01:06:59 PM
1965 closet queen!

double nice!

I found TWO SFVR's actually, first is a 1974 that's been blackfaced and was serviced a year ago. 2nd is a 71 that I don't know a thing about. The owner is a TGP'er so I hope they took good care of it. 74 is $100 cheaper and both are within that $1200 range. In terms of clean volume, how much more did it have than a deluxe? Good platform for dirt pedals?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

picture_of_nectar

Quite a bit more clean headroom then the Deluxe. I only used a TubeScreamer and a Timmy, but they sounded great with the VR.

Here is some good info:
http://fenderguru.com/amps/vibrolux

fulltone1989

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on June 05, 2012, 02:51:23 PM
Quite a bit more clean headroom then the Deluxe. I only used a TubeScreamer and a Timmy, but they sounded great with the VR.

Here is some good info:
http://fenderguru.com/amps/vibrolux

Great link, these mods look awesome
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

cactuskeeb

Picture, while I await your gut shots, I thought I would (re-)post some photos of a silverface twin both modified and restored by Carruth.

Edit: I should qualify the above by saying that he's modified the first tone stack but everything after, component-wise, was replaced with restoration in mind.

picture_of_nectar

Hey bro, amp is in the mail, and I'm gunna be out of town for a week. I won't forget though.

Happyorange27

Cactus, when did you get this amp to Bill?  That's sweet!
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex