Help With Possum Intro

Started by g0phish, June 27, 2012, 02:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g0phish

I've seen the tab to possum, but it just doesn't seem right.  Also, I'm having a small difficulty getting the timing down.  How did everyone else learn this song? 

Is there a video of Trey or someones hands that I can watch?  Is the tab completely correct? 

gone phishing

are you using the tab on strangedesign? but to get the timing, I just listened to the song

g0phish

Yes, I'm using the one from here, the third and fourth don't seem right

sour d

Quote from: g0phish on June 27, 2012, 04:14:54 PM
Yes, I'm using the one from here, the third and fourth don't seem right
just rock your fingers between an e and an a chord and use your ears. slide your index fingah from fret 1 to 2 or something. this is like, its one thing to play another thing to teach. that tab doesnt look right to me either
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

JamVol

Yea i don't think the tab is correct either.  I'm gonna try to make a video today and see if i can post it.  Easier for me to show than explain.
Guitars:  Ibanez ADJ91,  Ibanez AWD82, Martin D41  
Effects: GBC95--Ibanez Tubescreamer--Effects Pedal Boutique SRB808 plus Duel Drive--CmatMods Ross Clone--Nova Repeater--Boss TU-2--Digitech Jamman Delay                           
Amp: Fender DDRI
Effects not in use: Whammy 4 and various other crap

g0phish

Quote from: JamVol on June 29, 2012, 07:40:01 AM
Yea i don't think the tab is correct either.  I'm gonna try to make a video today and see if i can post it.  Easier for me to show than explain.

Wow, thanks!  I know what I'll be working on this weekend!

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

g0phish

Wow!  Thanks so much. I'm very excited to learn this tune!  That's a pretty sweet truck too!

Phabulous

Quote from: Happyorange27 on June 29, 2012, 06:44:30 PM
Sorry to cock block but I made this for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q_VXfsAEnQ

Trey only has to dodge glowsticks, wasted fan boys and beach balls when he plays it.  You had canine and toddler interference and still managed to pull it off.  Nicely done.

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex