Zzzzzzzzz

Started by Happyorange27, July 09, 2012, 01:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happyorange27

Hey wake up from your cloudy haze everyone.  Gotta recharge the batteries for the rest of the tour. :P  Just breaking up some dead air. 
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Heady Jam Fan

Lol, I have been thinking the same thing.

"Chirp chirp," the crickets and cicada's sing.

Been out jamming with a few heads all weekend (and sweating for days carrying around my 70lbs Mesa in 100 degree weather), hopefully I'll get a full group together soon so I can post some stuff for critique ;)
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Happyorange27

Awwee yeeeaahh!  I had my gig last week.  It was "alright" but I couldn't crank the amp like i wanted to.  I really need to play out more because I get comfortable in my everyday setup and then that get's blow to hell on the gig scene.  It was fun though.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Heady Jam Fan

Oh yea man, wish I coulda made it (I remember you sent me something about it), but not easy for me to get over the boarder for a show. Hope it was fun at least! It's completely different than playing at home, I feel like you need to either play outside of home / gig, or not cuz doing it every once in a while is tough. Not only does the rig seem a bit different, but there is a psychological aspect as well.

Glad you enjoyed it though! The person I jammed with on Saturday wanted to get a few people together last night at 1am, I was tempted, but it fell through, probably for the better because I probably would have been thinking about music while I should have been sleeping.
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

IamWILSON

playing music is more important than zzzzzzz's.  I'm having a hard time adjusting back into real life.  I haven't been able to get much of anything done.  Heady, your recording you posted in that other thread sounds great!  You can give me whatever advice you want about tone fo sho!
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: IamWILSON on July 09, 2012, 07:18:05 PM
playing music is more important than zzzzzzz's.  I'm having a hard time adjusting back into real life.  I haven't been able to get much of anything done.  Heady, your recording you posted in that other thread sounds great!  You can give me whatever advice you want about tone fo sho!

Thanks man! Means a lot to me and I feel like I am finally less focused on my tone quest, but always looking to improve if I can. When I was jamming this weekend with another Phish-head guitarist, at some point we doing the 'measuring *icks' thing; who could get closer to a Trey tone, some other head playing hand drums didn't want to say his opinion, but later on I started playing stash and his head pops up and he says "thats it! Exactly!" Though I know I still have a long way to go!

I think I am going to start taking lessons again, maybe 2x/month, feel like I could use some guidance getting some theory applicable and stopping my fingers from riffing (rather than improvising, just been feeling somewhat contrive). I think that will help get the rust off after a few years of school and work, especially now that I am enjoying my tone a lot (which is pretty much the only musical thing I worked on in the past 2 years).  I get a lot of the theory we discussed on the Dunbar thread, but I want someone to help make it really applicable and I feel like there is a lot I could have missed in that book and not even known it, although the few teachers I have contacted seem to shy away from working through that book... :-\

Oh yea - Wilson, your tone sounds great in that Tweezer youtube clip - would definitely like to hear a higher quality (non-youtube, mic'ed amp) recording if you ever get around to it!

MomaDan

Ugh im about to move back home and my old jam room is the new office. Im either gonna have to find some new friends to jam with or play in the garage in the ridiculous florida heat. Probably gonna start taking lessons again. I guess I could always learn how to read music sometime  ::)

I think pretty much everyone else here is from the NE you guys had your shot at Phish. I cant wait for Southern Run after having the time of my life in AC, that was a heck of a place to see some shows. But its nice to drive and see Phish sometimes.
LP Studio w/ Wolfetone DR. V>Wilson Rippah>MXR Classic Dist>CompRosser>Strymon Mobius>Boomerang>TU-2>Fender SF Champ

picture_of_nectar

Been at High Sierra Music Fest. Had a great time with my wife and kids, the band and a bunch of friends! That festival rules! So much music its crazy, doubtfull we even saw half of it! Tickets sold out this year which is good for HSMF!
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Oubrekadoubre

I'm. really glad you decided to get a post going! t'is been rather stagnant.
How was High Sierra Nectar? My buddy and I almost went.

I just want to say how cool this forum is. Bursting with knowledge and generosity.

I've been wanting to focus on my picking hand technique for a while and as I just sliced off a chunk of my fretting pinky I now have plenty of time to do so! hahaha

fulltone1989

I've been trolling TGP and adjusting to the work life, so nothing too exciting.

Snagged a AM Silver OD-9 though and i've been really enjoying the tones I get from it in conjunction with my Timmy.

Now that my work schedule is leveling out I can finally jam with people!

If anyone would like to savor the tastyness of leg 1 of summer tour click this ->http://www.mediafire.com/?ut064ap6tc1x2
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Happyorange27

Yeah Tom things are pretty slow and boring. Not a damn thing going on with StangeDesign folks today. Play that Silver!

picture_of_nectar

Quote from: Oubrekadoubre on July 10, 2012, 05:04:57 PM

Dude, it's an awesome time. Such a family vibe, super fun and funky. Very little sketchyness you find at Phish other festivals (nitrous mafia, etc). It's a pretty well versed crowd there, lots of old deadheads. Plus the whole thing is just put together well. Really well organized and comfortable. Tons and tons of great music and lots of collaboration between bands and different musicians.

It's the kind of fest you want to bring your kids too...

Don't miss it next year. This was my 3rd and i'll think it will be a tradition, and it's the only festival I do in the summer. Get there early to nail down your campsite. Kinda like BurningMan it helps to go with experienced folks that nail down a good camp.

QuoteSnagged a AM Silver OD-9 though and i've been really enjoying the tones I get from it in conjunction with my Timmy.

I have the same overdrive chain. great combo.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

fulltone1989

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on July 10, 2012, 08:31:50 PM
Quote from: Oubrekadoubre on July 10, 2012, 05:04:57 PM

Dude, it's an awesome time. Such a family vibe, super fun and funky. Very little sketchyness you find at Phish other festivals (nitrous mafia, etc). It's a pretty well versed crowd there, lots of old deadheads. Plus the whole thing is just put together well. Really well organized and comfortable. Tons and tons of great music and lots of collaboration between bands and different musicians.

It's the kind of fest you want to bring your kids too...

Don't miss it next year. This was my 3rd and i'll think it will be a tradition, and it's the only festival I do in the summer. Get there early to nail down your campsite. Kinda like BurningMan it helps to go with experienced folks that nail down a good camp.

QuoteSnagged a AM Silver OD-9 though and i've been really enjoying the tones I get from it in conjunction with my Timmy.

I have the same overdrive chain. great combo.

Nice! Really liking the tones, do you run OD-9 -> Timmy or vice versa? I've tried both and I am currently digging the Timmy -> OD-9
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

ColForbin

My band was at a festival called Caledonia Days last weekend, where we played a 3 hour set, was pretty crazy.  We also are playing another festival this weekend, all this drinking, smoking and camping will catch up to a fella.......
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

sour d

Quote from: ColForbin on July 11, 2012, 02:18:31 PM
My band was at a festival called Caledonia Days last weekend, where we played a 3 hour set, was pretty crazy.  We also are playing another festival this weekend, all this drinking, smoking and camping will catch up to a fella.......
HA! I have a gig Friday night and Saturday night with a bunch of bands and camping on Saturday. I know what you mean. I will be dead on Sunday.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe