Trey's rig in details

Started by strangedesign, February 08, 2007, 10:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Quote from: Hoody on July 02, 2014, 10:39:49 PM
The alesis are definitely not there, no clue what that new item is.

Also, what are the new cabs?  Those are entirely different.  In 30 years he has only had his languedoc cabs and the Bruno, surprising he has new cabs.  Curious what they are.

The Microverb is definitely still there.  3rd row down.  He just has removed the other Microverb along with the Nanoverb, and in their space is just a filler (aka nothing).  
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: Jkendrick on July 02, 2014, 11:11:12 PM
Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on July 02, 2014, 10:41:19 PM
Quote from: Hoody on July 02, 2014, 10:39:49 PM
The alesis are definitely not there, no clue what that new item is.

Also, what are the new cabs?  Those are entirely different.  In 30 years he has only had his languedoc cabs and the Bruno, surprising he has new cabs.  Curious what they are.

Not too much surprise along with new amps, guitars, and effects ;)
Maybe he's tired of his Kang tone. ;)

Haha, thats gotta be it... tired of copying others and wants to find himself.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Jkendrick

I just heard the Harry Hood from the other night.  It sounds to me like he's got a lot of phase going on. Otherwise doesn't sound a ton different to me. It's still very much a "Trey tone."

Eta: listening to Fuego (the song as played on July 1) now and it's definitely a bit different here. I wonder if it's just a different pickup setting.
1989 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 (Seymour Duncan 59s), POS Fender acoustic
'78 Silverface Fender Deluxe Reverb (Weber California w/ paper cone)
Teese RMC3 Wah> Boss Tu-3 Tuner> MXR Phase 45> Ibanez TS9 (Keeley modded)> TS808 (Analogman TV)> Keeley Compressor (two knob)>VFE Rocket Boost EQ> Boss DD-3> DigiTech JamMan Solo XT

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: Jkendrick on July 03, 2014, 02:51:05 PM
I just heard the Harry Hood from the other night.  It sounds to me like he's got a lot of phase going on. Otherwise doesn't sound a ton different to me. It's still very much a "Trey tone."

Phase as in:
- Speakers / microphones out of phase?
- Did he get a phaser?
- Or maybe his univibe or leslie?

Some shows, he seems to leave modulation in the mix the entire show (I can't think of an example off the top of my head).
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Jkendrick

Phaser. I'm bad at picking out the difference between phaser and flange, but it sounds similar to my Phase 45.
Teese RMC3 Wah> Boss Tu-3 Tuner> MXR Phase 45> Ibanez TS9 (Keeley modded)> TS808 (Analogman TV)> Keeley Compressor (two knob)>VFE Rocket Boost EQ> Boss DD-3> DigiTech JamMan Solo XT

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: Jkendrick on July 03, 2014, 03:10:18 PM
Phaser. I'm bad at picking out the difference between phaser and flange, but it sounds similar to my Phase 45.

Yeah, a Flanger is kinda between a Phaser and Chorus...

I use a Phase 90 to get close to Trey's modulation. Univibe sounds better, but is more scooped, takes up more space and costs more.

Jkendrick

I just don't recall him using it on Hood.

Jkendrick

Watching the SPAC stream. Looks like the Boogie is there and on but on standby.

Eta: actually it looked like it was the 3rd switch from the right that wasn't in the up position. That means he's running it at half power correct? Is he blending amps?

tsbot

I think those cabs are Hard Truckers 2x12's......haha just wanted to start a rumor Trey uses them.

Jkendrick

Quote from: tsbot on July 04, 2014, 02:11:35 AMI think those cabs are Hard Truckers 2x12's......haha just wanted to start a rumor Trey uses them.
And he dropped the Tubescreamers and is now stacking a Timmy and a Klon.

Buffered

Quote from: Jkendrick on July 04, 2014, 09:35:41 AM
Quote from: tsbot on July 04, 2014, 02:11:35 AM
I think those cabs are Hard Truckers 2x12's......haha just wanted to start a rumor Trey uses them.
And he dropped the Tubescreamers and is now stacking a Timmy and a Klon.

Shh don't tell them the secret to unlocking narnia..
Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

Hoody

walker - are you sure that's a microverb in the 3rd row?  The microverb has a black face on it, and that box looks like its silver?  Or am i looking at the wrong slot?  For some reason I seem to be missing the microverb.

Is there anyway those are his same old cabs, just painted black?  Almost looks like it.

sour d

That's a microverb.  Third row down. All by itself. 
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Deadicated Phan

Was at the 4th of July show, gotta say I was digging the tone. When I saw them last summer it sounded flat and laid back, now he's got a lot more of the bite that he used to have.
As far as the speakers, they look like the Languedoc ones only painted black. I don't know why he would do that but I'm pretty sure they're the same.
Still really glad he's using the older koa Doc, never like the Ocedocs tone
Are you guys sure he's not using the ts9s? They had a lot of shots of his feet and pedal set up and it looked like he still had em.
RMC 3>Whammy 4>AM ts-9 Brown>Maxon OD808>GCX--Mutron 3+>Boss Octave>DOD 250+>Phase 100>DM2000>Microverb 1>Boomerang+

Guitar: PRS Hollowbody II, Fender American Strat w/ Custom Shop Fat 50s
Amp: 1965 Fender Deluxe Amp, 1972 Blackfaced Twin Reverb
Cabs: Deluxe w/ Celestial Gold, Twin w/ stock speakers, Marshall 4x12 w/ Emi. Red, White, and Blues, Hard Truckers JG-1 w/ JBL K120 (looking for another speaker to go with it)

Down_With_Sco

Of course Trey is using silver modded TS9's, anyone saying otherwise is a troll.

As for the cabs, I'm not sure... they very much could be the same ones painted. I think trey's guitar tone has been EQ'd pretty much the same as last year, just as bitey imo. I noticed the Ross is on his amp stack now and not on the floor.

The microverb is still there, just housed around aluminum so there are no other filler Alesis components in the rack.
Guitars: 2006 Gibson Les Paul standard, 1997 Fender Stratocaster, 90's Fender Telecaster, Xavier and Aria acoustics

Pedals: Furman SPB-8C; Epigaze Audio Neutrino buffer > RMC Wizard > Whammy DT > Korg pitchblack > Maxon AF9 > Maxon OD9 silver x2 > Analogman 2 knob compRossor > Analogman Astrotone fuzz > Black Cat mini trem > Black Cat Vibe > Boss 500FMH volume > Boss PH2 > FL9 > Ibanez DE7 > TC Nova Repeater > Xotic EP booster

FX loop: Boomerang Phrase sampler v1

Amps: 50w Rockitt Retro Plexi, '89 Simul-class Mesa MKIII Blue stripe combo (V30) > 3/4 closed back 2x12 (C90) Mesa cab, 3rd gen 40w Fender Hot Rod deluxe, 50w Marshall MG 1x12 combo