Proud new owner of...

Started by Heady Jam Fan, February 05, 2013, 07:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heady Jam Fan

Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Magilla

Nice man! I may have to go check one out, how much does it weigh?

Heady Jam Fan

About 40lbs - not bad compared to my Mark III!
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Happyorange27

Dude i'm jealous!  Super cool!
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Walker done done

That MKIII is made out of anti-matter.  Thing is heavier than a black hole.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

fulltone1989

Now all you need is an ABC box  ;D ;D ;D

Those 5:25's are really nice amps! We have a 5:50+ at work w/ a salt and pepper grille, sounds and looks pretty killer.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Heady Jam Fan

Yea, the 5:50+ isn't much lighter than the MKIII so that was really out of question.

I've had local radio playing through the speaker (although somewhat quietly) for the past two days, plus a handful of hours of playing. Hopefully the speaker will be broken in soon.

A 3-way splitter would be cool with the three amps, but the SFDR is sold ($1300) and boxed to ship tomorrow.

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Heady Jam Fan

The SFDR was absolutely incredible - best Fender I have played I think!

It had ridiculous headroom as well, but at the sweet spot, I would notice it just barely breaking up on my leads and I hate any type of distortion after delay. I definitely did not want to add an effect loop to it, so I figured I would pass it on to a good home (or a good paying home).

manicstarseed

Go heady Go!

Welcome to the club. I have the 5:25 and  love it immensely.  "Better Cleans" GEQ, I lust for one of these as well.
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

Heady Jam Fan

Yea, I saw the 5:25 before the + came out and was thinking it would be perfect if they added the GEQ.

I tried an experiment today:

5w setting - MV 8 or 9 o'clock
SM57 on the grill to Mixer
El Capistan in mixer's FX Loop (in stereo)
Mixer to Studio Monitor Headphones

My friends were playing videogames in the next room and didn't realize I was jamming out. Got it to sound pretty decent for such a low volume - definitely nice to know I can play at nearly any hours without pissing someone off!

The El Cap rocks in stereo going through my cans! Can't wait to add the Microverb to the mix - any day!

manicstarseed

Word of warning...
the EL84s seem.... well .... prone to shorts. My first set (stock) of EL84s were replaced under warrentee, Mesa was more helpful then the local authorized dealer. I just had to return the latest set  for the same reason.

Failure mode - >Loss of power ... weak distorted fizzle
- First time it happened , I switched from 5 to 25/30 mode (in standby) and it happened withing a few min. It only happened in 25w mode. In 25 W one is running way hotter than the other.
The last set I replaced , both tubes shorted in both positions/settings.

Current set .. Solid (White) no shorts in any modes.

I take care to switch modes in standby. Perhaps doing it with the power off may be better.
They may have  tweaked something to  fix it in  the plus.
If they didn't, No worries. It's the tubes. I'm running 50/50 but never got stuck with a bad set.

I love mine and I REALLY want a plus.
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Synthesizer->GR-55

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

manicstarseed

And yes the 5 watt mode is wonderful all the I really have all the headroom or gain I want at "bedroom" levels.
Have you tried low gain blues for your clean sound and high gain crunch for your  lead tone yet?
There is great tone all over this amp. Match it with a KOT (due today) or TS9s. Add an external cabinet and you have a monster do anything amp.

Synthesizer->GR-55

Heady Jam Fan

Hmm, never heard that about the EL84's... hope that issue is fixed - thats a huge drain on money.

I hadn't tried the Blues for clean and Crunch for lead. I had tried the Blues for lead and liked it, but that 2nd channel has a lot more treble which I am not sure I like - maybe I'll like it more as the driver mellows, so far I am preferring just the GEQ for leads.

manicstarseed

No drain on money. In all cases it was within the 6 months for the tubes. Mesa and dealers have all come through at no additional cost to me.

Synthesizer->GR-55