Dubtown Cosmonauts rehearse Maze

Started by YouEnjoyMyReba, January 07, 2013, 08:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouEnjoyMyReba

LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

ShockedAndPersuaded

Guitars: 4 custom built, '79 LP standard, '69 ES 355, '83 LP Jr, '02 PRS HB II, '99 Strat>Bypass looper: Whammy II>Clyde Deluxe Wah>Maxon OD9Pro+>Cusack Tap-A-Whirl>Deja Vibe>Neo Ventilator>Fuchs TDS 100
Effects Loop: DD-7(short)>DD-7(long)

the_great_lemon

Damn!! You guys are ripping!

Really well rehearsed, and awesome playing on all parts. Great job!!
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

YouEnjoyMyReba

Thanks fellas!  This was a pretty special show for us as we were playing a whole set of Dead and a whole set of Phish.  The show went great and we all had a blast.  The setlist was:

Set 1: Bertha, U.S. Blues, Brown Eyed Women, China Cat Sunflower -> I Know You Rider, Scarlet Begonias -> Fire On The Mountain, Terrapin Station

Set 2: Story of the Ghost > Tweezer > Maze, Gumbo, Lawn Boy*, Cavern > Harry Hood, Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: West L.A. Fadeaway** > Chalkdust Torture > Run Like An Antelope > Tweezer Reprise

* Justin on vocals, Tom on drums
** Tweezer teases

It was made up of songs people requested from our event page on facebook.  Bertha, Brown Eyed Women, Scarlet>Fire, Ghost, Tweeer, Gumbo, Cavern, West LA Fadeaway, and Tweeprize were all first time played
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

Stecks

Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ

IamWILSON

First of all... GREAT FUCKING JOB!!!

Now my nit-picking critique on one thing that's missing.  And the only reason I mention this is because I am/was a perfectionist when learning phish tunes and always wanted it to be exactly like it and 100% legit.  Disclaimer: I have listened to and loved this band for 19 years now and not one little difference I hear in the music never fails to escape me.  But I figure you guys sound good enough that why don't you do this too?  The ending with the hits.  First time around Trey and the band all do the hits on beats 4 and 2, and then on beats 2 and 4... then sing "never get out of this maze..." The second time around (and 3rd time too) Trey plays on the 1 of each measure (instead of the 4) and, in effect, he echoes/trails the hits that the rest of the band does by one beat.  Make sense?  Idk, this is just rehearsal, so maybe you guys already have got it down, but just some phood for thought!
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

YouEnjoyMyReba

Haha that's awesome you noticed Wilson and thank you for the kind words!  We actually have three guitarists in the band with seven people all together (I am the one playing lead on this particular song) and its my job to do those off hits at the end and I completely forgot about it until the very last one.  The clip was made using someone's phone I think and it was on the other side of the room so you cant here me do the last off hit.  We nailed it at the show though!