How does Trey get that sound in the beginning of Camel Walk?

Started by No Nice Guy, October 24, 2013, 12:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Nice Guy

I was watching the Glens Falls webcast, and fell in love with the tone in Camel Walk.  Anyone got any ideas on how he does that?
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

fulltone1989

I haven't heard Glen Falls but at Mansfield in '10 I heard it and I thought it was single coil with his light TS. Hearing it again at Amherst that Fall a guitar buddy who came with me drew the same conclusion. That Fall run is awesome IMHO.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

the_great_lemon

I was at the show...once i get a chance to re-listen ill let you know what i think!
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

the_great_lemon

Seems like he's using either a single coil sound as fulltone mentioned or put the pickup in parallel instead of the usual series with his light TS sound. Good call fulltone!
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

fulltone1989

Quote from: the_great_lemon on October 25, 2013, 05:36:50 PM
Seems like he's using either a single coil sound as fulltone mentioned or put the pickup in parallel instead of the usual series with his light TS sound. Good call fulltone!

You're right, it does have that more pushed sound that I associate with my parallel switch. I only have the Camel Walk from Colorado '88 as well as some from 2011 and 2012 but no 2013 references so far, did they not play it on the summer tour?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

No Nice Guy

Quote from: fulltone1989 on October 26, 2013, 08:41:48 AM
Quote from: the_great_lemon on October 25, 2013, 05:36:50 PM

You're right, it does have that more pushed sound that I associate with my parallel switch. I only have the Camel Walk from Colorado '88 as well as some from 2011 and 2012 but no 2013 references so far, did they not play it on the summer tour?

Only time they did was in Tahoe.

Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr