JBL E-120 Hemp recone

Started by fulltone1989, December 15, 2013, 10:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at cabs and speaker options and there's a Tone Tubby 2x12 w/ E120 hemp recones, have any of you tried this speaker? What was it good at? Santana had them in his cabs for awhile and as a youngin' I dug his tone but now not so much..
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Deadicated Phan

E120s are what Jerry used from 82 on. A lot of people over on RUKIND have used the them with the hemp cones and love them. I would look around for info there too if you haven't already. I know John Kadlecik (who plays with Furthur) uses hemp cone E120s so maybe check him out too.

On a side not I have a K120 which is a pretty similar speaker but isn't as bright and has an alnico magnet instead of ceramic, and I love it!
RMC 3>Whammy 4>AM ts-9 Brown>Maxon OD808>GCX--Mutron 3+>Boss Octave>DOD 250+>Phase 100>DM2000>Microverb 1>Boomerang+

Guitar: PRS Hollowbody II, Fender American Strat w/ Custom Shop Fat 50s
Amp: 1965 Fender Deluxe Amp, 1972 Blackfaced Twin Reverb
Cabs: Deluxe w/ Celestial Gold, Twin w/ stock speakers, Marshall 4x12 w/ Emi. Red, White, and Blues, Hard Truckers JG-1 w/ JBL K120 (looking for another speaker to go with it)