open for business!

Started by CaptainPeyote, February 11, 2014, 10:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainPeyote

so, a while back, I quit my job and went back to school for electrical engineering.  I was motivated by how much fun I'd been having building pedals and other gear for myself.  Learned a bunch of stuff, then started getting poor.  took a job doing engineering work for a company producing AC drives and motion controls (robot stuff).  It wasn't that fun.   ::)

anyway, I got the axe last week.  and while my wife is a little stressed, I'm seeing it as a great opportunity!  after a year of working mandatory overtime and not being able to get any of the work I REALLY want to do done, I'm finally back in the saddle and building custom pedals and such again.

So here's the official offer:  anybody need anything built?  I'd rather build for Phans than anybody else :)

Here's something I put out a couple weeks back for a guy in NYC.  4-in-1 pedal, Ross Comp > Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret > 3-way Univibe emulator > my own 20dB clean boost.  Order switcher for the comp and drive, germanium dirt switch for the boost.  Customer named it an supplied the artwork, I had it powdercoated and screened, then added an etched and tinned name plate (same as all the circuit boards!) for teh mojoz.   ;D  sorry about the pics, I'm no photographer.  This does everything from tasteful, subdued tones, to Hendrix at woodstock purple haze tone, nailed.  And dead quiet, too, thanks to shielded teflon/silver wiring.  Not my best work, it's sloppier than I'd like, but I had to tear it apart and bust out the scope to find a bad FET.  It didn't go back together as neatly as it did the first time  :-[

guts:

so, anybody need anything?   ;D  *spam*

Helping Friendly

Dude thats dope.. Would love to hear it in action

Heady Jam Fan

Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

CaptainPeyote

yeah, would have loved to record a demo, but unfortunately, I had to get it shipped to the custy.  Maybe next time.