More History of Languedoc

Started by rmolsonguitars, March 25, 2014, 03:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heady Jam Fan

As far as "do unto others."
If I were in your shoes, I'd hope people gave me as honest of feedback as you've gotten here: your wrong, Paul is right and bull-headedly repeating your illogical stance won't change that. Like I said before, man up if you want respect. You lost mine in this thread.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

rmolsonguitars

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on March 27, 2014, 01:48:25 PM
If I were in your shoes, I'd hope people gave me as honest of feedback as you've gotten here: your wrong, Paul is right and bull-headedly repeating your illogical stance won't change that. Like I said before, man up if you want respect. You lost mine in this thread.

More power to Paul , I hope the best and more for him. 

People do give me honest feedback and my best kind is all the repeat sales I have received.  My dad sold
his handmade guitars up and down the California coast where he made them at our home in Redondo Beach.
That's where he taught me to build guitars years ago. For me, I will continue to have them built to my specs
and not be cheap on the woods used.  I am going to continue helping people get guitars that are out of their financial
reach.

So, what do you think of all the people in the Phish community who have supported me?

You can't please everyone in life all you can do is try your best.

R M Olson Guitars
Ollandoc Guitars
All Types of Hollow & Semi-hollow Guitar Kits
www.rmolsonguitars.com

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: rmolsonguitars on March 27, 2014, 02:10:42 PM

People do give me honest feedback and my best kind is all the repeat sales I have received.  My dad sold
his handmade guitars up and down the California coast where he made them at our home in Redondo Beach.
That's where he taught me to build guitars years ago. For me, I will continue to have them built to my specs
and not be cheap on the woods used.  I am going to continue helping people get guitars that are out of their financial
reach.

So, what do you think of all the people in the Phish community who have supported me?

Who? Where?
All I see here is one person said your guitar fell to pieces.
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

cactuskeeb

Quote from: rmolsonguitars on March 27, 2014, 01:28:33 PM
but  the thousands of people who have bought my guitars over the last few years and think their great... more power to them too. 

Thousands of people!

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: cactuskeeb on March 27, 2014, 05:25:23 PM
Quote from: rmolsonguitars on March 27, 2014, 01:28:33 PM
but  the thousands of people who have bought my guitars over the last few years and think their great... more power to them too. 

Thousands of people!

express50express

Just curious, how much is he asking for this guitar?

express50express

Bottom line for me is, a Fender or a Gibson is a "Regular Joe" guitar. Whereas, this is just a cheap knockoff.

This is no different than buying a fake Rolex. You would only buy a fake to pretend to be someone your not.

Like Rolex, I'm glad to see that Paul isn't lowering his prices to compete with a fake market.

You can put a Swiss movement in a fake Rolex, and it's still a complete piece of shit. Kind of like putting SD pickups in this guitar.

Let's be honest, the only reason why thousands of people would really buy these guitars is to pretend to be Trey or use it as a toy. However, if this is what your into, go for it!

Anyone who knows how to play guitar would feel like a complete dink using this guitar for a gig.

rmolsonguitars

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on March 27, 2014, 03:02:38 PM
Quote from: rmolsonguitars on March 27, 2014, 02:10:42 PM

reach.

Who? Where?
All I see here is one person said your guitar fell to pieces.

Who? Where... come on over and I will show you my sales records. 

Let's see, I started this about three years ago for the guy I built the proto type for. So I have been selling these for about awhile now. Just sold another today.

These been selling these for an average of $1100 to $1400  Blems are in the $900.00 range. If a person wants to do there own wiring and use there own pickups, we work out a special deal. I work deals with people all the time. Payment plans are also available.

Some people seem like they don't know that Gibson and Fender both have some Asian made products. Nothing wrong with that... there for a particular market. And I really wonder how people can make any claims and talk so much smack without ever trying one mine. And for the guy who claimed he bought two and they were both crap? Why did he buy a second? Some people are just big story tellers.   

You only have about ten people on here who have been riding me or joining in. A couple alpha males and the rest some followers. I have probably sold at least to ten times as many people.  I use to sell for a few years on Ebay, you can go there and check on all that feedback you were talking about. After years on there my feedback is still 100%    Let's get back to that question you keep dodging.... let's say I only sold to ten people out of the Phish community... will you ten who been on my case, kick them out of your community?  Let me ask you, how big is the Phish following?

As soon as I get a chance, I will show you what my biggest seller is to see if you will give me any slack over it.
R M Olson Guitars
Ollandoc Guitars
www.rmolsonguitars.com

Poster

one had the headstock stripped -- it was unintentional i can assure you

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: rmolsonguitars on March 28, 2014, 02:15:12 AM
Just sold another today.

Who'd ya sell it to? I wanna personally say I'm sorry he got conned.

And for the guy who claimed he bought two and they were both crap? Why did he buy a second?

He said he bought ONE and it was crap: cut his hands and fell apart.

Some people are just big story tellers.  

Your projecting again - everyone here keeps saying you are a delusional storyteller who's greatest feat was convincing yourself!

A couple alpha males and the rest some followers.

WHO ARE YOU TO CALL ANYONE A FOLLOWER: YOUR CLONING SOMEONE ELSE'S GUITAR DESIGN

Let's get back to that question you keep dodging.... let's say I only sold to ten people out of the Phish community... will you ten who been on my case, kick them out of your community?  Let me ask you, how big is the Phish following?

Dodging? You never asked any questions let alone that one.

Kick them out of the Phish community? What does that even mean? How would you kick someone out of being a fan?

How big is the Phish following? I have no idea, how big is the Beatles following? Phish's following in niche, making it even harder to tell. But they sell out huge venues tour after tour, year after year. There following is massive especially considering they get less radio play than Conrad Twatty.

rmolsonguitars

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on March 28, 2014, 08:57:37 AM
Just sold another today.

And for the guy who claimed he bought two and they were both crap? Why did he buy a second?

Your projecting again - everyone here keeps saying you are a delusional storyteller who's greatest feat was convincing yourself!

WHO ARE YOU TO CALL ANYONE A FOLLOWER: YOUR CLONING SOMEONE ELSE'S GUITAR DESIGN

Let's get back to that question you keep dodging.... let's say I only sold to ten people out of the Phish community... will you ten who been on my case, kick them out of your community?  Let me ask you, how big is the Phish following?

Kick them out of the Phish community? What does that even mean? How would you kick someone out of being a fan?

How big is the Phish following? I have no idea, how big is the Beatles following? Phish's following in niche, making it even harder to tell. But they sell out huge venues tour after tour, year after year. There following is massive especially considering they get less radio play than Conrad Twatty.

Your right, that their following is massive. That's why its been such a great market for me. The 10 people that have been on my case here are not  the talking majority for the Phish community.  I will continue listening to all those customers of mine have bought or want my guitars. Got another Phish fan wanting one this morning. Everyone just doesn't believe you... I will just continue to listen to what my Phish fan  customers want since right now they are the majority. 

I have never said my guitars were handmade in USA by Paul. Many people have said they couldn't even get a return email from Paul. Paul is a one man show and the  market is like you said so big that it is bigger than Paul. Right now there are several people who make a guitar that is close enough to make people happy. Within the next year or so that number will multiply.  Five years ago when I started in this business, you could make a single cutaway solid body guitar similar to a LP and make some money, today, there are so many people making them that I no longer have any finished models.  That will probably soon be the case for the guitar we are discussing. 

Have you ever played a real doc and do you think it weighs more than if it was made from laminates like a Gibson LP semi hollow? I have customers that think I should make molds and make my Ollandoc's out of laminates. I think I should stick with solid wood.

R M Olson Guitars
Ollandoc Guitars
www.rmolsonguitars.com

TheSeeker

Quote from: rmolsonguitars on March 28, 2014, 10:48:43 AM
Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on March 28, 2014, 08:57:37 AM
Just sold another today.

Your right, that their following is massive. That's why its been such a great market for me. The 10 people that have been on my case here are not  the talking majority for the Phish community.  I will continue listening to all those customers of mine have bought or want my guitars. Got another Phish fan wanting one this morning. Everyone just doesn't believe you... I will just continue to listen to what my Phish fan  customers want since right now they are the majority. 
I have never said my guitars were handmade in USA by Paul. Many people have said they couldn't even get a return email from Paul. Paul is a one man show and the  market is like you said so big that it is bigger than Paul. Right now there are several people who make a guitar that is close enough to make people happy. Within the next year or so that number will multiply.  Five years ago when I started in this business, you could make a single cutaway solid body guitar similar to a LP and make some money, today, there are so many people making them that I no longer have any finished models.  That will probably soon be the case for the guitar we are discussing. 

Have you ever played a real doc and do you think it weighs more than if it was made from laminates like a Gibson LP semi hollow? I have customers that think I should make molds and make my Ollandoc's out of laminates. I think I should stick with solid wood.

"I will continue listening to all those customers of mine have bought or want my guitars."   That's funny, because you didn't seem to listen to me.  You tried to make it right with me by ignoring all my emails I sent.  Is that why you don't take Paypal and only take moneygrams?  So you can screw people and get away with it.  It's my fault for being naive, but lesson learned.  Even the case that you sent with it was falling apart.  The cheap tolex (if that's actually what it was) was coming apart all over.  HEADY, let's start a band and call it Alpha Male and the followers....that has a nice ring to it...haha.  Better not though...wouldn't want RM Olson suing us for the rights to his bullshit.
PRS SE Semi-Hollow>Korg Tuner>Whammy ii>TS-9 Silver>TS-9 Silver>Ross Compressor>Delay>Ditto>Microverb>CAE Black Cat Vibe>Fender HRD (Weber Blue Dog)

Buffered

Can I play cowbell? I'm really really good and know all the notes.
Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

No Nice Guy

Quote from: Buffered on March 28, 2014, 12:14:39 PM

We could just be the Air Band from that episode of Scrubs (bout 30 seconds in, if you feel lazy):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0jxRwp3V5Q

I call singer!
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

TheSeeker

Quote from: No Nice Guy on March 28, 2014, 12:29:18 PM
Quote from: Buffered on March 28, 2014, 12:14:39 PM

We could just be the Air Band from that episode of Scrubs (bout 30 seconds in, if you feel lazy):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0jxRwp3V5Q

I call singer!

Haha, I love scrubs!  I really liked the episode with the guy from Men at work....and of course all the Heather Graham episodes!!
PRS SE Semi-Hollow>Korg Tuner>Whammy ii>TS-9 Silver>TS-9 Silver>Ross Compressor>Delay>Ditto>Microverb>CAE Black Cat Vibe>Fender HRD (Weber Blue Dog)