Intoxicated RC-50 Telecaster Jam

Started by rexcor, May 10, 2014, 06:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rexcor

Hey all!  A couple weeks ago I drank a heady bomber and recorded a little jam with my upgraded Mexican Tele.  
https://soundcloud.com/rexcorp/fff-apocalypse-cow-jam
For those of you who're interested, I recorded the loop using my RC-50 hooked up the a 2x12 Mesa Stiletto Ace and played using a Peavey VK 112 with a pretty fresh Cannabis Rex speaker.  My pedal config is: digitech whammy<crybaby<ibanez JD9<MXR custom badass<keeley comp<pickle vibe<nova repeater<amp.  Recorded using a Zoom H1.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks for listening.

Almost forgot.. The beer was a barrel aged Apocalypse Cow from 3 Floyds brewpub in Munster Indiana (just south of Chicago).  If you're ever in the area, you owe it to yourself to check out their brewpub.  Amazing food, and some of the best beer out there.

sour d

You would think more people here would use the ibanez jd9. You can get some classic tube screamer sounds with them and they are cheap but the best thing about them is that mid knob. Perfect for that Trey sound. They even paint the pedal the same color as Trey's hair.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

rexcor

Yeah man, it's a great pedal for sure.  I've used tube screamers before and it's kind of difficult for me to get the sound I want.  The mids knob on the JD9 really affords you some nice little tonal tweaks.  I'd still like to try a modded TS9 though.