Quick help! Opinions wanted...

Started by tsbot, August 12, 2014, 12:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsbot

Ok so I have a few options on the plate - some we're discussed in a previous thread but I don't want to hijack  it completly.  

I'm looking to trade my Heritage H535 25th anniversary guitar for a Tom Anderson Classic T.  Both are the same in price.  I mainly play (96% of the time) my Artinger Hollow so I was looking to round out the collection with a tele - have an American Stnd Strat too, not sure I need 2 hollow style guitars that do pretty much the same - well with the Artinger far superior.
Thoughts?

I also have been talking to Glen at Hard Truckers and he may do a trade for that guitar (Heritage 535) for a loaded JG1.  I'd be losing some cash -but it would be a really quick way to get a JG1.

Just checking other thoughts from folks who aren't invested.

I have the Vintage Sound Vintage 22 with a V30 as my current amp, basement player.

picture_of_nectar

If you aren't playing it much, trade it imho. Tele's are fun!
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Buffered

I have two semi hollows and I find the tone is quite different.
Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

tsbot

I know I'm having a hard time!  I A/B the hell out of the Artinger and Heritage, totally different guitars, tone, neck etc.  I love 'em both.  I hate getting rid of guitars, only want to acquire! 

Buffered

Are the woods substantially different? I tend to sound similar playing through different amps, and a Heritage will be easier to sell outright than a JG-1 for obvious reasons - market for a Dead-style cab/guitars are easier to ship.

I'm not positive on the prices either - is the Heritage worth a lot more? I think it would be. If you're jonesing for a 2x12, why not check out the HT's "Sonic Liberator" I think they're considerably cheaper and still HT quality.

That's just me though, always trying to trim the fat so to say. Do you put your amp on a stand or is it on the ground? You'll experience about 30% less bass with it on a conventional amp stand but it's a lot easier to hear/get feedback. I think more speakers just add girth to the sound/air movement.
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

No Nice Guy

I'd keep the Heritage IMO.  I really like the finishes on those things, it's in 3rd place for my "When I get rich" guitars, behind a G2 and this 59 ES-335 a local guitar shop has.  The neck pickup on that second one almost made me cry.
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

tsbot

Yea I think I'm keeping it haha!  It just plays so nice and it was my first 'big' guitar purchase other than the American Standard Strat.  I'll sell other stuff to buy the HT cab and a Tele!

Buffered

Right on man. I have guitars I feel the same way about. Selling stuff feels good. Just sold a bias meter that was gathering dust since my Fuchs uses a DMM and I'm considering parting ways with the Express.