Trey's amps through the years

Started by Hoody, January 10, 2015, 07:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoody

Down with Sco's doc on Trey's guitars was interesting (and, stating the obvious, well done).  As to the amps trey has used over the years I have:

Fender 30
Fender bandmaster
Boogie iii
Groove tubes
DR
Bogner
Victoria reverberato
Fender PR
Swart

Am I missing any? 

Brian27

Along with the Modded Fender DR and his Fender Princeton Reverb he used a Vox amp on TV and during his Dave Mathews & Friends tours. Trey has used a Fender Hot Rod series amp on TV. Don't forget the CAE 3+SE Preamp.

Heady Jam Fan

Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Brian27

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on January 10, 2015, 01:08:57 PM
Didn't he use a Lonestar on Fallon?
I think he used a Royal Atlantic 100 2x12

sour d

Did you guys see the koa mark III combo he bought recently?
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Down_With_Sco

Quote from: sour d on January 13, 2015, 03:08:40 PM

Yep, and the new 6L6 head and KT66 combo.... I was going to include them on my document but I figured until they are seen on a stage I'll leave them be as Trey bought these amps for home and studio use. Totally loving the fact that Trey was playing a LP custom thru a TS9 into the Koa MkIII while he was testing it out (he was using a Wine red 335 in another pic).

BTW I asked the guitar shop what the amp specs were: '87 Red stripe, Simul-class with all 6L6's, has the EV12L speakers in the amp and extension cab.
Guitars: 2006 Gibson Les Paul standard, 1997 Fender Stratocaster, 90's Fender Telecaster, Xavier and Aria acoustics

Pedals: Furman SPB-8C; Epigaze Audio Neutrino buffer > RMC Wizard > Whammy DT > Korg pitchblack > Maxon AF9 > Maxon OD9 silver x2 > Analogman 2 knob compRossor > Analogman Astrotone fuzz > Black Cat mini trem > Black Cat Vibe > Boss 500FMH volume > Boss PH2 > FL9 > Ibanez DE7 > TC Nova Repeater > Xotic EP booster

FX loop: Boomerang Phrase sampler v1

Amps: 50w Rockitt Retro Plexi, '89 Simul-class Mesa MKIII Blue stripe combo (V30) > 3/4 closed back 2x12 (C90) Mesa cab, 3rd gen 40w Fender Hot Rod deluxe, 50w Marshall MG 1x12 combo

Buffered

Quote from: Down_With_Sco on January 13, 2015, 04:06:39 PM
Quote from: sour d on January 13, 2015, 03:08:40 PM

Yep, and the new 6L6 head and KT66 combo.... I was going to include them on my document but I figured until they are seen on a stage I'll leave them be as Trey bought these amps for home and studio use. Totally loving the fact that Trey was playing a LP custom thru a TS9 into the Koa MkIII while he was testing it out (he was using a Wine red 335 in another pic).

BTW I asked the guitar shop what the amp specs were: '87 Red stripe, Simul-class with all 6L6's, has the EV12L speakers in the amp and extension cab.

Do you have the piictures? Custom mesa's are hawt
Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

Down_With_Sco

Guitars: 2006 Gibson Les Paul standard, 1997 Fender Stratocaster, 90's Fender Telecaster, Xavier and Aria acoustics

Pedals: Furman SPB-8C; Epigaze Audio Neutrino buffer > RMC Wizard > Whammy DT > Korg pitchblack > Maxon AF9 > Maxon OD9 silver x2 > Analogman 2 knob compRossor > Analogman Astrotone fuzz > Black Cat mini trem > Black Cat Vibe > Boss 500FMH volume > Boss PH2 > FL9 > Ibanez DE7 > TC Nova Repeater > Xotic EP booster

Amps: 50w Rockitt Retro Plexi, '89 Simul-class Mesa MKIII Blue stripe combo (V30) > 3/4 closed back 2x12 (C90) Mesa cab, 3rd gen 40w Fender Hot Rod deluxe, 50w Marshall MG 1x12 combo

Hoody

I don't think he owned those amps that he used on TV, although he did own a Vox.  Pretty interesting that he picked up another Mark III.  I've played a few of those, and own one, and do think they're one of the best amps.  I like them quite a bit more than my blackface fenders (which I do love, but not as much).

He definitely experiments around a lot more with his amps these days than ever before.  He basically played only 3 amps for 20 + years, and in the last 10 has tried or messed around with a lot more.

Anyone know what he used for the flatbed jam at Clifford Ball?  Or usually uses backstage?  There are a couple pics of them around, but I can never tell what they are.

Buffered

Quote from: Down_With_Sco on January 13, 2015, 05:24:17 PM
From their facebook (pics with Trey): https://www.facebook.com/SpindriftGuitars/photos/pcb.1012261485468177/1012260908801568/?type=1&permPage=1

and the Reverb listing (pics of the koa mesa) https://reverb.com/item/384434-mesa-boogie-mark-iii-combo-w-matching-cab-1987-koa-guitar-amplifier-w-road-cases

Another interesting thing is that to the right two clicks from the Facebook picture, yo'llu see the Michael Whitney amp which looks to share the same layout as an ODS with the exception of a jazz/rock switch where Whitney uses a Blackface/Tweed and Overdrive switch (OD is normally a pull)

The Jazz/Rock switch changes the sharpness of the EQ curve, smoother vs harder rockin OD and cleans
Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

Down_With_Sco

Quote from: Hoody on January 13, 2015, 08:48:27 PM
I don't think he owned those amps that he used on TV, although he did own a Vox.  Pretty interesting that he picked up another Mark III.  I've played a few of those, and own one, and do think they're one of the best amps.  I like them quite a bit more than my blackface fenders (which I do love, but not as much).

He definitely experiments around a lot more with his amps these days than ever before.  He basically played only 3 amps for 20 + years, and in the last 10 has tried or messed around with a lot more.

Anyone know what he used for the flatbed jam at Clifford Ball?  Or usually uses backstage?  There are a couple pics of them around, but I can never tell what they are.

I agree, I don't think he owns the amps seen on TV. He probably still owns a Vox but seems like he doesn't use it anymore from what we can tell. Also agree on all the amp use Trey's done the last 10 years, he's searching for something or just trying out everything that makes him curious. Not sure what he used for the Flat bed jam, but back stage these days Trey uses a Princeton Reverb.

seriesnuns

Anyone know the significance of the sticker in the middle of his Celestion V30 in this video? I know stock are plain metal showing.

He has a sticker in the center

http://youtu.be/nG-jXPQe1ak?t=4m59s

If you pause it at this point and blow it up on 720 you can sorta read. SP?25?S?