Main Menu

NYE Run

Started by tsbot, December 30, 2015, 09:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsbot

Ok I'll start it as I couch tour.  Treys using his Bogners.  Looks like he has two of them set up - one horizontal and one vertical.  Also only one 2x12.  Any other views/thoughts/ etc.

Down_With_Sco

Noticed the same things... wonder which other guitars we will see.
Guitars: 2006 Gibson Les Paul standard, 1997 Fender Stratocaster, 90's Fender Telecaster, Xavier and Aria acoustics

Pedals: Furman SPB-8C; Epigaze Audio Neutrino buffer > RMC Wizard > Whammy DT > Korg pitchblack > Maxon AF9 > Maxon OD9 silver x2 > Analogman 2 knob compRossor > Analogman Astrotone fuzz > Black Cat mini trem > Black Cat Vibe > Boss 500FMH volume > Boss PH2 > FL9 > Ibanez DE7 > TC Nova Repeater > Xotic EP booster

FX loop: Boomerang Phrase sampler v1

Amps: 50w Rockitt Retro Plexi, '89 Simul-class Mesa MKIII Blue stripe combo (V30) > 3/4 closed back 2x12 (C90) Mesa cab, 3rd gen 40w Fender Hot Rod deluxe, 50w Marshall MG 1x12 combo

tsbot

Got me thinking when they showed his wah on the Charcater Zero jam that it said Dunlop on it.  I know it goes back and forth of it being only the body w/ a RMC inside.  But the last few posts about the compressor and that pic of the article in guitar world he says it is a Dunlop CB95.  He also said Bogners in it and sure as shit he's using them this run. 

As always more questions then answers.

seriesnuns

Sounded like typical Trey last night.

Which guitar was he using. I was in the back it looked like the Ocedoc.

Down_With_Sco

Quote from: seriesnuns on December 31, 2015, 09:58:15 AM
Which guitar was he using. I was in the back it looked like the Ocedoc.

Yea it was the Ocedoc.. looks like he had the chrome covers taken off the Stags.
Guitars: 2006 Gibson Les Paul standard, 1997 Fender Stratocaster, 90's Fender Telecaster, Xavier and Aria acoustics

Pedals: Furman SPB-8C; Epigaze Audio Neutrino buffer > RMC Wizard > Whammy DT > Korg pitchblack > Maxon AF9 > Maxon OD9 silver x2 > Analogman 2 knob compRossor > Analogman Astrotone fuzz > Black Cat mini trem > Black Cat Vibe > Boss 500FMH volume > Boss PH2 > FL9 > Ibanez DE7 > TC Nova Repeater > Xotic EP booster

Amps: 50w Rockitt Retro Plexi, '89 Simul-class Mesa MKIII Blue stripe combo (V30) > 3/4 closed back 2x12 (C90) Mesa cab, 3rd gen 40w Fender Hot Rod deluxe, 50w Marshall MG 1x12 combo

Arafel

Definitely Ocedoc. There are some YT vids showing it. I know that guitar doesn't get a lot of love on this forum or some others, but it's been my fave of Phish 3.0.

Are there any pics of the Bogner? Is he using a combo or head only?
Guitars: German custom hollow Tele; Fender 60th anniversary Tele
Amps: Fender Twin Reverb (head conversion) -> Hard Truckers Fatty loaded with Celestion Century Vintages; Bogner New Yorker
Effects: RMC Wheels of Fire wah -> Analog Man King of Tone -> Analog Man Silvermod TS-9 -> Analog Man Astro-Tone-> Analog Man Bi-Comprossor -> Analog Man Bi-Chorus -> Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Analog Delay (with AMAZEO tap-tempo box) -> TC Electronic Ditto X2 looper - Ernie Ball volume pedal

tsbot

Bogner head only.  Has two set up . One horizontal and one vertical like he used to do w/ the Mesa head.

No Nice Guy

I couldn't see what Trey had before they went in the hourglass, did anyone on couch tour get any of it?  He sounded a bit different, but not as radically as the JEMP set
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

tsbot

I didn't see his amp - but the 2 TS's and whammy - his old setup on the black iron or wood board.  Maybe similar to the Halloween haunted set?

Down_With_Sco

Based on the official image released on their facebook I think it was a 2x12 Shiva combo with the back panels taken off and Purple Hazes Tone Tubby's put in.

picture_of_nectar

Any guesses on the new pedal up on his rack? Kinda looks like the Way Huge AquaPuss
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

bigebeer

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on January 01, 2016, 08:14:08 PM
Any guesses on the new pedal up on his rack? Kinda looks like the Way Huge AquaPuss

I noticed that too. Not sure. I didn't hear any new effects in the jams

dontpanic

So is it possible that Trey plays a 6L6 bogner?
I know the shiva's are generally el34, just wondering if there are other power tube options available for the amp stock, or possibly he rebiased??
His tone is just too familiar with the amp...

bigebeer

I feel like his Rise/Fall delay sound (usually the dm-2000) was different last night. Maybe it's the new pedal?

seriesnuns

I was 10 rows back directly on Gordon's side for NYE.

I was surprised by the lack of pedal use by Trey. The wah here and there, maybe the whammy a few times. He was on the boomerang a lot for solos.

I've seen other shows where's he has like ADD with his effects and is tap dancing all night.

But for the most part he just stood back and played his guitar.

He was playing with something a lot on top of his rack during the tube jam. Maybe that's the effect your thinking of?