Main Menu

M

Started by Poster, October 21, 2007, 02:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

M
H

Walker done done

To be honest, I could give 2 shits about what people may think or say.  I didn't have it made for them, I had it made for me.  But I hear what you're saying and have already been expecting some of that, and I appreciate your p.o.v.  Hey man, I'm no Trey, and NEVER will be anything close - none of us will - but I love his sound, and to be able to get some similar gear and try to replicate it is nothing more than simply FUN - not only for me, but my band mates, and hopefully some of the audience as well.  And that's what I'm playing music for: to have fun.  If the fun police want to come beatin' down my door because they've got nothing better to do with their time, well....sorry for them, but I think there's a soup kitchen down the road that may be able to help them.  I can't wait for the thing to get here, and will give you my opinion of the quality, sound, pups, etc. once I've had a chance to break it in.  I've heard positive and now one negative comments on the Schaller's, but guess what?  They are easily replaced if I decide that they're not for me.  I was also thinking of throwing in the SD 59's, like Paul is doing for his, but we'll see.  It's not like pups are all that expensive.  Thanks for the heads up on them, though - I'll have an extra critical ear now when reviewing them.  

And I've talked to a few guys who've had gits made by these guys at Resurrection, and have yet to hear a bad review, but hey, who knows.  I'll tell you what though - Paul charging $10k for his is a litlte much, IMO - authentic or not.  I have heard several negative reviews regarding Abyss, so I'm not surprised to hear your experience with them as well.  But as far as I can see, these 'Doc replicas from Resurrection seem near perfect up and down.  One thing that turned me away from Paul (besides the $10k!) is the fact that he was unwilling to do any w/ Koa back & tops, just sides, which I didn't want, and also wasn't willing to do any custom work/wiring (having an FX bypass & UGB installed in this one).  Hey, if I'm spending that kind of dough, I think I should get to choose the specs, you know?  

Anyways, thanks for the info, much obliged.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

Haha!  Not mad at you dude!  My bad if I came across that way; it's like you said, \"stupid people\".  You obviously know your stuff and your input is quite valuable, I certianly appreciate you sharing your experiences/thoughts.  So how much are we talking for the Smits?  Any chance you can get some recordings online once you get your guitar so I can check them out?  Also - any pics or anything of the guitar in progress?  Would love to see them if so!  

PS - who made your previous 'Doc replicas?  any pics of them?
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.