Digitech JamMan
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: October 30, 2007, 03:39:22 PM

Poster

W
W

Erictw83

I have a boss rc20.  It's decent.  Its really fun for just jamming along when I'm playing by myself and it's relatively easy to use, but I wouldn't really feel that it would be of much use in a live setting.  First off, its a tone sucker.  Second, its very hard to get a loop to cue up right on beat during live play.  There is some lag time between when you hit the pedal and when the loop starts making it near  impossible to use live.  For my purposes of just tooling around in my apartment with no particular rhyme or reason its super fun.  I feel its also a bit over priced.

strangedesign

The boomerang is the only one in this list that I have used. It also is a tone sucker. I have mine in a true bypass loop so that helps tremedously. The boomerang is super easy to use and unlike the boss rc20 there is no delay from the time you start the loop till the time you hear is play. Boomerang does offer a software upgrade to change the original moomerang to the boomernag+ but I have not yet ordered it.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

strangedesign

Quote from: \"posternutbag\"speaking of the boomerang, have you ever had problems getting it to work? mine always powers up great but sometimes, when using it witha keyboard for example it wont let you either play through it but will play back a loop just like you were playing through it. other times ive had it not want to play back until i monkeyed with the rear knob, even though it was set properly.  :oops:
I have never had one bit of trouble since I bought it about 8 years ago... I voted rang+ even though I have the original. Has to be better with the ability to create 2 seperate loops.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Erictw83

Ha, i would vote but i can't vote for the rc20XL and i haven't used any of the others, so I respectfully abstain!