Is this a rare copy?

Started by arkjdfgkjdbf, November 07, 2007, 09:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkjdfgkjdbf

i was recently given a box of older cds, and Lawn Boy was one of them.  even though i've had this album forever, i kept the older one for shits.  it's the same accept for one thing- the title track Lawn Boy is a slowed down version, and the pitch is much lower (like the vocals on studio chalkdust).  do i have my hands on a rarity?  or am i just a newb?

arkjdfgkjdbf

Poster

pretty sure thats normal ;0)

arkjdfgkjdbf

nah it's not.  i have these two copies of the cd, and the versions are totally different.  we all know what page's normal voice sounds like, and this is not it.  i'll upload it somewhere and have you guys listen.

arkjdfgkjdbf

do it now....i wanna get to the bottom of this before i gotta go to work  :wink:

Walker done done

Gave it a listen and yer right - not the same version.  But I have no idea what that means.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

umm to me it sounds just slowed down. weird but maybe the cd is damaged somehow, any noticable imperfections

arkjdfgkjdbf

well i'd like to believe that it means i own a very rare copy.  both the cd and the case are very weathered, i can tell it's almost as old as i am.

arkjdfgkjdbf

if the cd was damaged it would skip, no?  there aren't many scratches (on the bottom).  the entire cd plays without skipping.  i'm telling you guys it's legit.

Poster

well an old cd player could make it play wonky,,, i dunno def slowed down though IMO

arkjdfgkjdbf

how retarded do i have to be?  give me a little credit....i've obviously played it in many cd players with the same results.

Poster

i wasnt infering you were retarded iam just trying to figure an explanation for the slow playback ;0 rip it and speed up the recording; if it plays right then you have a weird copy ?

arkjdfgkjdbf

sorry, just frustrated :x  
yeah i never tried speeding it up, but i'm sure if i did it would sound right.  all i know is that if you play to the song a fret down it's right on point with the recording, which i believe is no coincidence.