Jon Gutwillig from The Disco Biscuits

Started by ColForbin, May 02, 2008, 11:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColForbin

Does anybody know what this guy uses for a rig or where to find it?  I really dig what he does on guitar.  My bass player got me into the Disco Biscuits a couple months ago and I think they're great.

Cheers.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

cactuskeeb

Gibson semi-hollowbody; Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue; Analogman Bi-Comprossor; TS-808; Boss DD-5 Digital Delay; Boss Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby Wah.

ColForbin

Quote from: cactuskeeb on May 03, 2008, 02:42:50 PM
Gibson semi-hollowbody; Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue; Analogman Bi-Comprossor; TS-808; Boss DD-5 Digital Delay; Boss Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby Wah.

Thanks man.  On the dvd that came out, I believe he's playing a PRS.  Do you happen to know what exact guitar this is?  I have seen him play the gibson as well, sounds pretty sweet.
Current rig: 
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp

lumpy

yeah hes definitely not using that gibson so much as the prs now

i beleive its a custom 22
can you still have fun?

Poster

Stiles12

the biscuits straight up suck...
I am sorry to say that for fans, but I have seen them a bunch of times and I have realized a few different things...

1. If you want to see trance, there are a bunch of sick trance bands that do trance better than the biscuits.... for instance, Lotus, Eoto, Particle

2. They cant sing worth shit...

3. If you don't care about them not singing... there are a shit load better Jam bands...

4. and their "scene" is a metaphorical Graveyard

I have been to "camp bisco" a bunch of times and have been really disappointed. i have seen them 4 times in NYC and was pissed after the shows.. I would rather see a bunch of bands before seeing the biscuits. I have a lot of friends that are biscuits fans, but personally they do absolutely nothing for me. I am not investing one more dollar in this band, its just a waste of time...

If someone could please tell me why they are superior to other bands and not include the drugs that you can get at there shows i will listen to your opinion...
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

Walker done done

Quote from: Stiles12 on December 18, 2008, 02:40:50 AM
If someone could please tell me why they are superior to other bands and not include the drugs that you can get at there shows i will listen to your opinion...

;D WAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!  You nailed it.  They are good musicians (obviously), and I like some of their stuff, but I don't get the infatuation with them either.  But you forgot to mention "they can't sing".

Oh wait....you already did.  Well, it's worth noting twice, anyways.  :D
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

yeah Ive seen the disco biscuits about 7 times too. Each time I was pissed for buying a ticket, and not remembering how many rolled out smack up dick holes were going to be tweaking their nuts off at their crap shows. Iam sorry, but that guys board looks like some retard got a gift card to musicians friend, and just ordered every pos pedal with a wonky name....

ColForbin

I'm well aware the can't sing, and that's totally cool that you guys don't dig them.  I really like Barber's style and playing and I was just curious what sort of stuff he was using.  thanks.
Current rig: 

deadbearbobby

i hate to come on here and see some of the negative comments toward bands. if you have a problem with a band thats great... everyone has bands they like and don't like, but when someone post a question about gear, and there is an overwhelming  amount of responses that say they hate the band, well thats a little rude and off topic. the man asked for info, not opinion >:(.
Apartment rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>SRB 808>Ross Clone>wally looper>Epiphone valve Jr
Gig rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>Big Muff >Ross Clone>wally looper>epiphone valve jr/polytone mini brute (stereo rig)>Two fender 15"bass cabinets
not in use: Vox AC4, Flanger hoax, Giga delay, PIgtronix Mothership

Stiles12

These posts were over a year old... theres probably a lot of shit you can find in the archives you dont like.
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

sour d

I'm not a biscuit fan. Not my thing but if you like that type of stuff you should check out the BMG's digital demo's. Way better.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

deadbearbobby

Quote from: Stiles12 on December 31, 2009, 12:19:44 PM
These posts were over a year old... theres probably a lot of shit you can find in the archives you dont like.

Like you...
Apartment rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>SRB 808>Ross Clone>wally looper>Epiphone valve Jr
Gig rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>Big Muff >Ross Clone>wally looper>epiphone valve jr/polytone mini brute (stereo rig)>Two fender 15"bass cabinets
not in use: Vox AC4, Flanger hoax, Giga delay, PIgtronix Mothership

Poster

Quote from: deadbearbobby on December 31, 2009, 01:41:22 PM
Quote from: Stiles12 on December 31, 2009, 12:19:44 PM

Like you...
this is a great place to discuss gear and shoot the shit about all things funky. not a cup for you to shit in.

i think the consesus is clear. the disco pedal board was a mess.

i like his playing though too, but only when i can see him jamming with other projects. I just dont like bisco music.