summer tour '09

Started by Walker done done, December 14, 2008, 03:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

:o
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

ColForbin

Has there been one announced yet?
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

Walker done done

Not yet.....

"technically"..... ;)
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

Loop 3 Boomerang+

rechemistry

I hear they were doing their own festie on the grounds at manchester...not playing bonnaroo itself.

Walker done done

I think you may've been misinformed.  I heard that rumor too a while back, but it seems as though it was just that: a rumor.  Summer tour will start w/ Bonnaroo.  And then.....?

Mwaaaahahahahahahahha! (man, I feel evil today!)

Loop 3 Boomerang+

gratephulphish123

Phish at bonaroo.... lame. First the hampton tickets fuckup and now they're half assing their summer. I'm very disapointed.  For Phish's TRIUMPHANT comeback they were supposed to hold their own festival where all us phans could gather and celebrate.  If their big summer show is bonnaroo Phish will be trading in their brilliant tradition of providing a different world for fans for a sack of cash and a slot playing with bruce springstein (rumored other headliner).  I'm not dissing bruce but he's no phish and with a bunch of other bands filling the day i think when phish actually gets on stage it'll be cheapened by the lack of old timey phishy wonder.

Phish hasnt shared a bill since 96 and for good reason, they're a polarizing band. But the numbers at past fests have been enormous so I don't see any reason phish would want to bring these enormous masses of phans into an already loaded crowd at bonnaroo. it would be chaos. bonnaroo isn't just a poor choice just because it isnt hosted by phish, it's a poor choice because masses of phish phans will be trapped with masses of scene kids and doped out bisco fans

every festival has it's own unique vibe, when a band as unique and enourmous as phish is introduced the vibe is worsened for both parties. it will either become "the phish festival with other bands" or phish will have to submit their zany otherwordly charm to become just another band in superfly's roster

so if phish wants to force us all into the sweltering heat and ridiclous walks of bonnaroo fine. some people will come.  but i've heard alot of grumbling recently from loyal phans who believe the band is fucking up it's comeback. if phish does bonnaroo this reunion will be, in my mind, a simple cash in. and phish is better than playing bouncing around the room for kanye west fans

Poster

^ agreed. Im still pissed about Coventry to be honest with you. Playing Bonnaroo is nothing like what it used to be. I had all access at the first Bonnaroo and it was entirely different after that initial fest. Long after I quite paying attention, I think it was sold to MTV (wtf) if I remember correctly. Its a shame for sure... They shouldve just done a tour with a phish festi in big cypress at the end. I was at big cypress and it was the best festival Ive ever been too  :)

Walker done done

Quote from: gratephulphish123 on December 20, 2008, 09:51:50 AM
Phish at bonaroo.... lame. First the hampton tickets fuckup and now they're half assing their summer. I'm very disapointed.  For Phish's TRIUMPHANT comeback they were supposed to hold their own festival where all us phans could gather and celebrate.  If their big summer show is bonnaroo Phish will be trading in their brilliant tradition of providing a different world for fans for a sack of cash and a slot playing with bruce springstein (rumored other headliner).  I'm not dissing bruce but he's no phish and with a bunch of other bands filling the day i think when phish actually gets on stage it'll be cheapened by the lack of old timey phishy wonder.

Phish hasnt shared a bill since 96 and for good reason, they're a polarizing band. But the numbers at past fests have been enormous so I don't see any reason phish would want to bring these enormous masses of phans into an already loaded crowd at bonnaroo. it would be chaos. bonnaroo isn't just a poor choice just because it isnt hosted by phish, it's a poor choice because masses of phish phans will be trapped with masses of scene kids and doped out bisco fans

every festival has it's own unique vibe, when a band as unique and enourmous as phish is introduced the vibe is worsened for both parties. it will either become "the phish festival with other bands" or phish will have to submit their zany otherwordly charm to become just another band in superfly's roster

so if phish wants to force us all into the sweltering heat and ridiclous walks of bonnaroo fine. some people will come.  but i've heard alot of grumbling recently from loyal phans who believe the band is fucking up it's comeback. if phish does bonnaroo this reunion will be, in my mind, a simple cash in. and phish is better than playing bouncing around the room for kanye west fans

Well put, though I think you'll be a little happier come January 7th.  But I agree - Bonnaroo is not a place for Phish, and it's a poor choice for their loyal fans that made them what they are (or were).  I wonder if their motive of doing Bonnaroo is just to attract more of a "main stream" audience, but if so, why?  Why after all the years of not giving a fuck would they feel the need to cash in?  Doesn't make sense.  I'm hoping for a re-evaluation. 

And I am also still a little dissapointed by Coventry.  It's not their fault the weather didn't cooperate, but I question doing it in a location like Coventry where, if something *does* go wrong (like rain), they've trapped themselves into this little area w/ limited resources and chance to improve the conditions.  Hindsight is 20/20, of course, and we can all play "Monday morning quarterback", but after all the festi's they've put on, you'd have thought they would've removed as many chances for error as possible.  Their musical playing at Coventry was what it was....for better or worse....but I try to not allow myself to beat them up for that.  I think a lot of what happened to the fans trying to get in & the mess the weather created added to their stress, and ultimately made for a more tense music environment for them, which certainly limits their creativity and freedom with all that weight on them.  So really, I'm giving them a mulligan for Coventry, but they should do something to make up for it.....and Bonnaroo isn't it.  Hopefully the end of the summer will be.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Walker done done

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/16253/Phish-2009-Tour-Dates

Phish Tour Dates
6.04.09 Nikon at Jones Beach Theater, Wantagh, NY
6.05.09 Nikon at Jones Beach Theater, Wantagh, NY
6.06.09 Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA
6.07.09 Susquehanna Bank Center, Camden, NJ
6.09.09 Asheville Civic Center, Asheville, NC
06.12-14 Bonnaroo (expect an announcement next month)
6.16.09 Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO
6.18.09 Post Gazette Pavilion, Burgettstown, PA
6.19.09 Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN
6.20.09 Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy, WI
6.21.09 Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy, WI

So I'm told this may just be the first leg of a tour, but we'll see.....either way, I'm stoked.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

rechemistry

Can't wait! The videosplash is pretty cool this time too.