Moving Site To New Host

Started by strangedesign, January 22, 2009, 10:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangedesign

I am moving the site to a new server. You guys might experience some outages in the next 48 hours. I apologize for any down time. This will be a better for the site in the long run.

Thanks,
Scott
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

strangedesign

ok, i did transfer the domain name over to godaddy with my other domains, but I still haven't pointed the domain to the new hosting account that is also on godaddy. Since the weekends are usually dead on here, i will attempt the move tonight. Once I m move the site it might take 24-48 hrs to update around the internet. The only thing I am worried about is if someones DNS has not updated and they get directed to the old site and then post on the message board because that post would be lost. I will do one last database backup before I move the site so anything posted on the old database will not get moved to the new. I have a feeling this won't affect anyone; i just wanted to make you guys aware.

www.strangedesign.org

strangedesign

that site has been moved. Any posts or pm's made on the site with the old host, will be lost. I think everyone should be ok. I also upgraded the forum from SMF 1.1.7 to 1.1.8. Let me know if something isn't working.

www.strangedesign.org