Phish release TTE on iTunes

Started by mcgrupperton, May 26, 2009, 08:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcgrupperton

Phish has release the single of Time Turns Elastic on iTunes. 13:29 seconds long. This is the PHISH version not Trey with orchestra obv. Badass. Just search for TTE in iTunes store.

mcgrupperton

you guys have any thoughts on it? i thought the last 3-4 minutes really tied it together like the rug in lebowski. i think this willl be totally killer live.

Walker done done

Just listened to the Phish version for the first time, and I agree, the end ties nicely.  A Lebowski reference is always a winner, too, nice one.  I like the song, but I don't love it - yet.  I'm sure more listening - and hopefully seeing it live - will further my appreciation for it.  I'm glad they released this early to wet my appetite for the coming weekend - can't wait for Phenway, it's going to be surreal. 
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

mcgrupperton

It grew on me. I listened to it a few times yesterday on my stereo, than later with my headphones to really listen and i enjoyed it more. Today at work i knew the first thing i was gonna do was blast it.

Walker done done

Ahhh....but isn't it great to have this tingling feeling again!  Can't wait for the first time when they take the stage @ Phenway - first time I will have seen them since Coventry, which in some way I try to forget b/c of the parts that left bad tastes in my mouth, so when I take away Coventry, the last time I saw them was the 4 night NYE run in Miami, I believe....

Ok, just had to check PT to verify that fact, and it was correct, but also heading over there made me realize that I haven't been to PT in a while, and now I get to plug in all these upcoming shows, track them, get all cracked out again over the stats, etc.  YES!  I love having this buzz again!
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

PS - the 4:30 mark on TTE is pretty effing sweet, nice and funky. 

Loop 3 Boomerang+

mcgrupperton

Totally man. I agree completely with Coventry, the vibe was horrible there, I felt like the scene ate itself up. Walking back after a show you'd see so many people who never even went in, and when they would go into a complex segue or part I felt I knew Trey wasn't gonna do it..ahh nevermind..it is erased. The excitement is back, I did the same as you and joined PT again after Hampton. The buzz is back 100%.

I tried for Phen but got shut out of lotto and decided I'll just do JB for the beginning...but then again I said the same thing about Hampton and regretted it since I was ranting about if they did a Fluffhead opener it would say all that needed to be said, so I regretted it and missing the energy. I imagine the energy will be absurdly high this whole tour though, I sense good vibes.

mcgrupperton

the sound of the vocals at "submarine...submarine..sinks below...the ground" are pretty groovy with surround. Check out the lyrics yet?

mcgrupperton

Ffishmans drumming sounds top notch too, reminds me alot of the rediculous things he was doing during Pebbles and Marbles at IT...top notch.

ColForbin

I got TTE last night and dug it pretty good.  I love the ending, it's pretty epic.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb