Main Menu

Jones beach

Started by Stiles12, June 03, 2009, 01:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiles12

jones beach was awesome last night, the recording sounds amazing... download if you please, it was a better musical show than fenway in my opinion, but fenway just had the history thing going. Plus im a huge sox fan and I stood in left field at the base of the monster.

Anyway the show was fire, the organ wasn't loud enough in the mix where I was sitting, but the recording has it plenty loud.. Jones beach run is going to be amazing everyone in the area should be trying to get there for the next two
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

Poster

Set One

* Runaway Jim
* Foam
* Stealing Time From The Faulty Plan
* Timber
* Cities
* Driver
* Reba
* Possum
* Farmhouse
* If I Could

Set Two

* Mike's Song >
* Simple >
* Wolfman's Brother >
* Weekapaug Groove
* When The Circus Comes To Town
* Kill Devil Falls
* Harry Hood >
* Loving Cup

Encore:
* Suzy Greenberg

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=525543

mcgrupperton

Jones Beach was great. I was completely blown away, especially during the Reba composed part. I thought the sound was really good. Gordons Bass during the intro of Weekapaug was thunderin..Cities. I was pretty quiet after the show, had to wait until yesterday to process the whole show. Recording sounds very nice too. Back to JB in 6 hours for round 2!!

Poster

reba is amazing

cant wait for knox

cactuskeeb

C'mon guys, it sounds like someone sucked the life out of Trey.. ;D

Poster

^your just mad cause trey is using the ross/ boogie/ HT cab rig.

mcgrupperton

they call me the sloth

cactuskeeb

Quote from: posternutbag on June 04, 2009, 11:37:15 AM
^your just mad cause trey is using the ross/ boogie/ HT cab rig.

nah, I've moved to a different thinking regarding the whole amp-centered view I held previously.  I know would say that,  as a matter of fact, it was Paul and Bob who were able to make Trey's rig sound good, no matter the amp/speaker/guitar combo Trey was using at the time.  I know this is the case because Trey's Mesa/Boogie right now sounds just like mine did when I played it through a long pedal chain in my spare bedroom. 

On a somewhat related note, you where right about Trey using a Motion Sound Pro, at least at one point--Europe '97. 

Poster

i hear ross compressor and alnico tone tubbies when i listen to trey now. the soft tubescreamer is really the base of his tone after the archtop.

iam back to using heavy picks all the time now. graphite heavys all the way. (i was anti pick for at least a year)

for shows ive got a 4x12 alnico tone tubby cab with my Ross compressor back in front of my overdrive pedals turned all the way with the squish at 12 and its pretty dead on

my problems with the comp before were apparently due to me not tweaking an internal pot and cranking the volume to max... 

mcgrupperton

could def hear the ross, or analogman comprossor..whichever it is, you can def hear it.

Poster

its a genuine ross gifted to him by phantasy tour fans

mcgrupperton

very nice. t-minus 4 hours till liftoff!

cactuskeeb

Quote from: posternutbag on June 04, 2009, 12:15:40 PM
i hear ross compressor and alnico tone tubbies when i listen to trey now. the soft tubescreamer is really the base of his tone after the archtop.

iam back to using heavy picks all the time now. graphite heavys all the way. (i was anti pick for at least a year)

for shows ive got a 4x12 alnico tone tubby cab with my Ross compressor back in front of my overdrive pedals turned all the way with the squish at 12 and its pretty dead on

my problems with the comp before were apparently due to me not tweaking an internal pot and cranking the volume to max... 

That sounds like everything I would want to buy if I didn't already own it.  If I ever start selling my creations you're coming on-board as the "face-man" who will sell air to total strangers; and at every PR juncture, leverages value of nonexistent things by talking out of his ass, which I will then build upon us being paid for them months in advance.   

Poster

mcgrupperton