AnalogMan King of Tone?

Started by YouEnjoyMyReba, June 21, 2011, 12:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouEnjoyMyReba

Anybody have any experience with one of these?  I'm currently running two Ts9s but I haven't bought a new toy in a couple of years so I'm thinking its about that time and I'd like to try something new.  Saw one of the guitar players from Jammin Brahmin (sp?) playing out in the Phish lot at Charlotte and thought his tone sounded really good.  When I looked at his set up I saw he was using a Ts9 and a King of Tone along with something else, so I thought I'd look into this King of Tone. 
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

jadirusso

I think Patrick recently got one of those and had posted on here that he really liked it.

In fact here the link to his posts RE that:
http://strangedesign.org/forums/index.php?topic=1559.msg7690#msg7690
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

ColForbin

I received mine a couple months back and really, really dig it.  It sounds very awesome, I don't know how to put it exactly, but it has a very "open" feeling if that makes any sense. 
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb