Main Menu

Bob Weir

Started by YouEnjoyMyReba, December 31, 2009, 01:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouEnjoyMyReba

I saw a picture last night of Bob Weir playing a full hollowbody Modulus guitar.  It looked very pretty but i could only look at it.  Anybody ever heard one of these played or know anything about them?
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

Poster

yeah one was for sale on ebay 2 weeks ago!

modulos made bobby 4 of those custom guitars.

I think they look sick

* yeah been reading composite necks are hit or miss! either you get a good moses or you dont! checkout harmony central reviews

YouEnjoyMyReba

Damn thats pretty cool, how do they sound?
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

Poster

well i saw ratdog one time front row and just stood in front of bob.

to be honest, i thought it sounded alot like a gibson firebird. had that lighter ballsy sound. not what i had expected.

YouEnjoyMyReba

jonb52578

i disagree that graphite NEVER needs adjusting. thats why modulous and zon and the like started putting truss rods into their necks. they are LESS prone but if you research in the bass world they are POSSIBLE to fuck up. now i remember oteil saying he left his bass on top of a trailer when he was on the road with col. bruce and forgot it was there. it fell OFF THE TRAILER. broke two strings and was played that night. RUGGED!
talking about music is like dancing about architecture

Poster

i want one! hopefully AO can make me some bitchin bolt f holes