Bob Bradshaw's "legacy"...

Started by cactuskeeb, April 01, 2010, 04:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour d

That looks like the lead guitar player for the bmg's. jOKING but seriously, who's gonna make some t-shirts with this picture on them... I'll buy ten
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

cactuskeeb

Yeah, I think we should make T-Shirts that say, This asshole, Bob Bradshaw, of Custom Audio Electronics, ripped me off for 500 dollars.

picture_of_nectar

hmmm, so you guys got ripped off by Bradshaw? That sucks...
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

cactuskeeb

strangedesign

i bout a couple ISO-1's from Bob a year or 2 ago and had no problems. However, it was my wife that called and spoke with him. She told him that i wanted them for Christmas and he sent 2 out, right away. That being said, i don't think anyone has been able to get another one out of him. I was looking at his website recently and it has had an overhaul. From looking over it, it seems that he is trying to tailor more the the end user. I don't know if anyone has tried to buy anything recently, but there are definitely some guys on here that did try and try again with no success.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

cactuskeeb

Quote from: strangedesign on April 13, 2010, 08:03:08 PM
[. . .] but there are definitely some guys on here that did try and try again with no success.

I'm still trying.  I doubt anything I or anyone else says about him will phase the man.  He's an a**hole.  He did some amazing things in his life, though.  I'll continue to buy his stuff off ebay.

Wolfe

Set your gearshift to the high gear of your soul!

cactuskeeb

FYI,
I sent bob an email last week and he replied almost immediately, saying something about how the economy has forced him to only take on work for which he'll be paid a lot of money.  Anyway, he says he'll get to my custom switcher as soon as humanly possible, and will now include 10 functions (that is, not merely the original 4) at no additional cost...
At this point, I'm taking all of this with a grain of salt...
I do think he will eventually get around to it but I may very well be looking at a few more months until that happens, unfortunately.

Also, I attached a picture to my reply, to his most recent email, telling him there are a number of people who want this image emblazoned on a tee.  

Now, I may have ruined my chances of ever getting this switcher built but I couldn't help myself -- I had to do it.  I had to make him stare down his own hideous horse-mane haircut from yesteryear.

sour d

Quote from: cactuskeeb on June 29, 2010, 09:12:12 PM

Also, I attached a picture to my reply, to his most recent email, telling him there are a number of people who want this image emblazoned on a tee.  

Now, I may have ruined my chances of ever getting this switcher built but I couldn't help myself -- I had to do it.  I had to make him stare down his own hideous horse-mane haircut from yesteryear.
I can see him rushing your shit with an agreement from you that t-shirts will not be printed. Nice touch cactus.... I'll take 10 shirts if he doesn't agree to you demands
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

cactuskeeb

Quote from: sour d on June 30, 2010, 06:39:21 AM
Quote from: cactuskeeb on June 29, 2010, 09:12:12 PM

I can see him rushing your shit with an agreement from you that t-shirts will not be printed. Nice touch cactus.... I'll take 10 shirts if he doesn't agree to you demands

Oh shit.  Haha.  I had no intention of blackmailing him into rushing my shit...
I guess it could have come across that way, though. 

Honestly, man, I just want an explanation: why did you (bob) decide to make yourself look like a cross between Wayne Cambell (Wayne's World) and a South Texas oil tycoon?  And what's with the extreme opposition between "party" (in the back) and "business" (in the front) for this particular mullet?

Walker done done

That's fucking hilarious. Well done cactus, well done.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.