SD's rig updated - 2010-07-30

Started by strangedesign, July 31, 2010, 02:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangedesign

i took my rack out of the picture and added the rp7. Just got it setup . Oh, btw, i just bought a new house about a month ago. twice as big as the last. Just got finished setting everything up. Kids are stilll asleep. i"ll b turning it to 8 tomorrow.

All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Poster

wheres the ross? you should ebay the boss tuner, and get a polytune!

sour d

Do you have a bunch of user patches saved in the rp7? You can spend hours messing with effect parameters.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

strangedesign

Quote from: posternutbag on July 31, 2010, 10:40:45 AM
i have an analogman ross clone under the boomerang, you just can't see it. there is also a voodo lab pp2 + under there running everything. Don't have any patches. I haven't seen the rp7 in 10 years. i had to read the manual to get used to it.

guitar >

custom a/b
a: tuner
b: amp

wha >
ts9 analogman silver mod >
ts9 analogman silver mod >
comp analogman ross clone >

custom bypass (4 loops)
  loop 1: rp7
  loop 2: whammy 2
  loop 3: akai headrush e-1
  loop 4: boomerang

C.A.E. ISO-1 >

Fender DR

www.strangedesign.org

strangedesign

Quote from: posternutbag on July 31, 2010, 10:40:45 AM
the polytune looks awesome! i might pick one of those up

www.strangedesign.org

ShockedAndPersuaded

Pretty sweet rig.  What speakers do you have loaded in the JG-1?  I've been playin around with a couple different types in mine.
Guitars: 4 custom built, '79 LP standard, '69 ES 355, '83 LP Jr, '02 PRS HB II, '99 Strat>Bypass looper: Whammy II>Clyde Deluxe Wah>Maxon OD9Pro+>Cusack Tap-A-Whirl>Deja Vibe>Neo Ventilator>Fuchs TDS 100
Effects Loop: DD-7(short)>DD-7(long)

Walker done done

That Polytune does look pretty sweet.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

beebs

Very neat and tidy... That is my exact guitar... I even took the pick guard off as well.
Ibanez SR300 Bass -> SWR Workingman's 15 Combo
Ibanez AS80 -> GCB -> TS-9 -> CS-3 -> RP3 -> Superchamp XD

strangedesign

Quote from: ShockedAndPersuaded on August 02, 2010, 07:16:37 AM
Pretty sweet rig.  What speakers do you have loaded in the JG-1?  I've been playin around with a couple different types in mine.
that's the koa trimmed "fatty". It's actually the sister cab to Trey's. They made 3 cabs from a piece of, if i remember correctly, 70 year old piece of koa that they found in the back of a shop in hawaii. Trey got one, i got one and a guy from san fran got one. It's got the tone tubby alnico hemp cone speakers.

here are some pics
http://strangedesign.org/forums/index.php?topic=99.0

I added the rmc3 back. for whatever reason, my old house had power problems. If i plugged in the rmc3, it would be noisy as fuck. i bought a gamopat vox, fully modded and have been playing that for a while. well, the few times i've played in "a while", i used it. In the new house there is no noise. i;m back to trying to tune it. it's probably going to take some time. with a 5 month old and a 19 moth old, its hard to find time to pick up a guitar. We've been in this house for almost 2 months and i just hooked everything up.

i want to buy 2 of those voodoo lap 4 loop switchers and add to the pedal board to replace that loop-master 4 loop switch i have. Then i need somebody to build a road case that the entire pedal board can sit in. with 8 loops i would be able to run my rack effects if i choose with out re-wiring the rig.

www.strangedesign.org

ShockedAndPersuaded

Oh sweet!  I looked long and hard at a fatty before I bought my JG-1.  I would be curious to know the sonic differences between the two.  I've recently updated as well.  If I can ever remember to bring a camera to the studio I'll snap some pics and post.  You gotta killer rig for sure 8)
Guitars: 4 custom built, '79 LP standard, '69 ES 355, '83 LP Jr, '02 PRS HB II, '99 Strat>Bypass looper: Whammy II>Clyde Deluxe Wah>Maxon OD9Pro+>Cusack Tap-A-Whirl>Deja Vibe>Neo Ventilator>Fuchs TDS 100
Effects Loop: DD-7(short)>DD-7(long)

Poster

Quote from: strangedesign on August 04, 2010, 10:55:44 PM
Quote from: ShockedAndPersuaded on August 02, 2010, 07:16:37 AM
Pretty sweet rig.  What speakers do you have loaded in the JG-1?  I've been playin around with a couple different types in mine.
that's the koa trimmed "fatty". It's actually the sister cab to Trey's. They made 3 cabs from a piece of, if i remember correctly, 70 year old piece of koa that they found in the back of a shop in hawaii. Trey got one, i got one and a guy from san fran got one. It's got the tone tubby alnico hemp cone speakers.

here are some pics
http://strangedesign.org/forums/index.php?topic=99.0

I added the rmc3 back. for whatever reason, my old house had power problems. If i plugged in the rmc3, it would be noisy as fuck. i bought a gamopat vox, fully modded and have been playing that for a while. well, the few times i've played in "a while", i used it. In the new house there is no noise. i;m back to trying to tune it. it's probably going to take some time. with a 5 month old and a 19 moth old, its hard to find time to pick up a guitar. We've been in this house for almost 2 months and i just hooked everything up.

i want to buy 2 of those voodoo lap 4 loop switchers and add to the pedal board to replace that loop-master 4 loop switch i have. Then i need somebody to build a road case that the entire pedal board can sit in. with 8 loops i would be able to run my rack effects if i choose with out re-wiring the rig.

A looper will not work for that, and the voodoo controller are shit, seek out WOBO electronics. Mark and remember, seek and ye shall find. <= clash of the titans

deadbearbobby

Quote from: strangedesign on July 31, 2010, 02:59:04 AM
i took my rack out of the picture and added the rp7. Just got it setup . Oh, btw, i just bought a new house about a month ago. twice as big as the last. Just got finished setting everything up. Kids are stilll asleep. i"ll b turning it to 8 tomorrow.

Your rig is awsome... The koa trimmed fatty is the icing on the cake though... very cool. Just wondering though, How do you like the ibanez Artstar?
Apartment rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>SRB 808>Ross Clone>wally looper>Epiphone valve Jr
Gig rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>Big Muff >Ross Clone>wally looper>epiphone valve jr/polytone mini brute (stereo rig)>Two fender 15"bass cabinets
not in use: Vox AC4, Flanger hoax, Giga delay, PIgtronix Mothership

Happyorange27

I thought to get 5 stars on this forum, you had to own a Languedoc :P
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex