Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Brian27

Thats a nice looking DM2000. If i didnt have one id buy it

patrickstefanski

is it worth it?
tell me about it boys!
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

sour d

I buy and sell shit on ebay all the time and I've bought these for as little as $30 dollars or as much as $75, but usually they will have scratchy pots or crackling input jacks or something I have to deal with when I get it. This one appears to be in excellent shape. I think for one in that condition it is worth it.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

cactuskeeb

Quote from: sour d on August 02, 2010, 03:09:36 PM
I buy and sell shit on ebay all the time and I've bought these for as little as $30 dollars or as much as $75, but usually they will have scratchy pots or crackling input jacks or something I have to deal with when I get it. This one appears to be in excellent shape. I think for one in that condition it is worth it.

If you can get it cheap, it's not only worth having for the random "freak out" effect Trey uses it for.  If you open it up, you'll notice a bunch of the vintage JRC4558D chips.  There are also a bunch of the same vintage polystyrene caps (the little translucent-green things) that are in the original tube screamers.  You'll be able to mod an army of reissue tube screamers to original specs.  Of course, you'll need something like http://www.hakko.com/english/products/hakko_950.html in order to remove the chips w/o destroying them.

Brian27

Quote from: patrickstefanski on August 02, 2010, 01:49:26 PM
is it worth it?
tell me about it boys!

Yes it is worth it to get one. To tell you how amazing this unit is would take forever besides you just need to get it and buy you a a couple of footswitches for the hold and modulation. Also you will need to run this in a bypass loop

patrickstefanski

sweet, got it for 75!

can anyone recommend some foot switches?
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

Brian27

id get 2 boss FS-5L latching footswitches. Thats what i use and they are very dependable.

patrickstefanski

sounds good, thanks man
Current Rig: