what effect is this...

Started by YouEnjoyMyReba, September 02, 2010, 07:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouEnjoyMyReba

LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

sour d

I don't know exactly, but I just got my roland gr30 synth working and it sounds like a midi synth thing to me. You can play any instrument you want on your guitar. With my gk2a pickup you can blend the guitar and the synth and that's what that sounds like to me.  My wife has been begging me to put it down all day.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Poster

its just an old roland guitar synth. IMO those things sound like junk. I had one and aside from looping sitar or pads, it was pretty mickey mouse. Maybe something new has come out in the past 4 years, but I had a Gk2 and the thrill was gone after 2 weeks fucking with that stupid plastic thing.

YouEnjoyMyReba

I hear ya, but personaly i think whatever methenys using in that video sounds awesome
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

deadbearbobby

Quote from: posternutbag on September 03, 2010, 10:54:03 AM
its just an old roland guitar synth. IMO those things sound like junk. I had one and aside from looping sitar or pads, it was pretty mickey mouse. Maybe something new has come out in the past 4 years, but I had a Gk2 and the thrill was gone after 2 weeks fucking with that stupid plastic thing.

The newer ones actually sound pretty good... hell of alot better than what jerry started to use in the 80's/90's... i had an older model from early 2003... it sucked i sold it and recently bought a newer one... 2009 and it sounds a hell of a lot better. i wouldnt be surprised if hes using a roland... a lot of players do every once in awhile...
Apartment rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>SRB 808>Ross Clone>wally looper>Epiphone valve Jr
Gig rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>Big Muff >Ross Clone>wally looper>epiphone valve jr/polytone mini brute (stereo rig)>Two fender 15"bass cabinets
not in use: Vox AC4, Flanger hoax, Giga delay, PIgtronix Mothership