Strangely designing

Started by Happyorange27, April 25, 2011, 12:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happyorange27

Look what I started to model up.

Someday I'll have the exact guitar per my specs 100%.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Poster

You should do a through neck and add a female contour to the top

Happyorange27

Thanks.  I'll admit I don't know that much about joining and connecting necks to bodies.  I was thinking about designing my own body and bolting it to a warmoth neck to start with.  But if it's feasible to do something more substatial and not screw up all the critical geometry, I'm all ears. 

Send me a pic of what you are talking about if you can find some.  Thanks,
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Happyorange27

Ok I found some through necks.  So this wouldn't be full true hollow body...i'm ok with that because i can gain sustain right and overall strength?

Poster

correct, you could even sandwich a trio of woods straight down the middle, to the end of the headstock. itll be much more difficult to build, honestly, your best bet is utilize a luthier. for a bolt, youd need to have the neck go much further into the body, maybe even into the neck hum position. Otherwise, it just wont be stable, or durable.

Poster

also dont go for the les paul type tone pros bridge, they are very sloppy. checkout some of the gotoh stuff that goes flat on that body, the wooden tailpieces are very over rated.

Shaggy Dog

Happyorange27

Shaggy, I drew this using Autodesk Inventor, a 3d CAD program. I design machines as an engineer. There are many cool things I plan to do. I'm going to run an FEA, finite element analysis to determine stress points and then refine and repeat until it's perfect. Also I'll build a rapid prototype using a 3D printer. I can then check the fit and feel, drop in some pups for a quick check, see how well it feels under my arm, etc.
Then I can export the data to a skilled wood shop with a CNC router. The best part is it will be within thousandths of an inch Everywhere!  No human interaction during routing.