Pickup problem; no sound or ohms

Started by Happyorange27, June 18, 2011, 09:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happyorange27

I'm restoring my Wolfgang so I can sell it. I put the original pups back in. The neck pup is not working. It's a humbucker. I get a proper reading on the one bobbin but not the other (ohms dc). I'm not sure if I broke the winding somewhere or what. The side with the ground is the problem. Anyone ever have this problem?
I'll be pissed if I have to replace this pickup. They are expensive and thats going to cut into my selling profits. Oh geez.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Happyorange27

yep one of the wire connections broke at the solder tab.  It was the wire that comes from the inside of the pickup, meaning you have about a couple millimeters to work with.  Well i killed those millimeters and i was f*cked!  But i did some more digging the hard and careful way and i found another inch.  We'll see how it goes tonight.  I've spent hours and hours on this one problem.  It should help sell the guitar however.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex