deluxe 65 modded to Treys specs for sale

Started by Passion Presents, July 17, 2011, 09:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Passion Presents

Hey folks, its with great angst and sadness that I am offering the 65 deluxe blackface that was modded to Treys specs for sale. This is due to a cash emergency. Due to the nature of the item, I'm unwilling to offer it in a public forum or to someone who would resell or milking it. Its important that it go to family only. This is a great condition 65 deluxe that bill Caruth (Treys amp tech) modded to spec so we could try to backline him. The entire amp has been reworked. Capacitors changed, excess wire removed form the signal path, mid boost added, tremolo is true bypass at the turn of the knob. The stock speaker was replaced by a weber blue bulldog (prior to Webers passing...). A fan has been installed. All original parts from the amp would be included. Trey was using Ruby tubes in 2008 as they are easily replaceable when they break or wear down. Those tubes would be included, however they are unused. We installed matching NOS Rcas, which he used to use...and which Bill and I agreed sound better. If you are interested please let me know. With all the additons and mods this is a reasonably expensive amp. I'm not looking to gain of the amp but would like to get what I put into it, or at least close. Its irreplaceable.....  :( :( :(

Happyorange27

Sounds like one hell of an amp. If I didn't just sell my soul to Poster I'd sell my soul to you for it.  :P

Hope it finds a happy home.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Passion Presents

I could use a soul, I sold my soul for Rock n Roll....hence my current situation. :)/ :0

Happyorange27

I have talked to Bill a couple times.  He is the nicest dude.  I'd like to actually get a DR stock and actually go to his shop with the amp and watch him mod it out.  I bet it would be a very informative experience.  Kind of like a one-on-one guitar amp clinic.  Anyway I bet that amp is just a gem man.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

fulltone1989

Nonetheless a great, great looking (sounding) amp on paper. As far as family goes, a lot of guys over on the gear page probably wouldn't want to resell an amp like that, due to the mods and the really great tone they'll probably get. It also gets quite a bit of traffic. You never know it may be worth pursuing.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

picture_of_nectar

Hey Passion Presents, I'm really interested. Your inbox is full, send me a pm or email.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Passion Presents

Quote from: tomasmaclennan on July 18, 2011, 10:21:31 AM
Nonetheless a great, great looking (sounding) amp on paper. As far as family goes, a lot of guys over on the gear page probably wouldn't want to resell an amp like that, due to the mods and the really great tone they'll probably get. It also gets quite a bit of traffic. You never know it may be worth pursuing.
- Thanks for the input, I think Id rather sell it here and lose some money on it than take it to that public a forum. I'm not stuck on the price and will entertain any serious offer.  I feel secure on that it would be in good hands if it went to someone here. I will be in Tahoe if someone who is interested wanted to pick it up in person.... And on another note anyone here just wants to geek out and talk gear, I will be tabling for a non-profit group to stop the planned fish and game posioning of Silver King Creek inside the venue...swing by table before the show and say hi-S