Black Cat Mini Trem

Started by IamWILSON, July 29, 2011, 08:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IamWILSON

Any of you guys ever get to play through one of these?  I'm using a Supa Trem and after seeing this demo I'm really interested in finding one of these.  Depth and tone controls, as well as boost, makes it sound really versatile.  I just wish the knobs were bigger like the SupaTrem as I like the easiness to adjust settings with my feet as I play.  Also, the SupaTrem also has the mix (hard/soft) knob and switch going for it that I really like too... Oh the dilemma of tone, toys, and money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtmV5iw0CT8&feature=related
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

Happyorange27

Is it just me or does the forum look all different today....anyway.

Yeah nice pedal.  Maybe you could buy some fat taller knobs so you can still do the foot thing.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

fulltone1989

Quote from: Happyorange27 on July 29, 2011, 10:23:37 AM

Yeah nice pedal.  Maybe you could buy some fat taller knobs so you can still do the foot thing.

It does look a little funny! They make this disc you can stick on pedal knobbies so you can switch them with your feet.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Happyorange27

Quote from: tomasmaclennan on July 29, 2011, 12:32:25 PM

It does look a little funny! They make this disc you can stick on pedal knobbies so you can switch them with your feet.

Yeah they are like 10 bucks and look terribly useful for sure.  It's on my list eventually...um once i can afford pedals again. :D  I always wanted one on my delay pedal for the "delay time" knob. I love zipping up and down the delay time while holding a note.  It's like a whip-it.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Walker done done

Quote from: IamWILSON on July 29, 2011, 08:53:54 AM
Any of you guys ever get to play through one of these?  I'm using a Supa Trem and after seeing this demo I'm really interested in finding one of these.  Depth and tone controls, as well as boost, makes it sound really versatile.  I just wish the knobs were bigger like the SupaTrem as I like the easiness to adjust settings with my feet as I play.  Also, the SupaTrem also has the mix (hard/soft) knob and switch going for it that I really like too... Oh the dilemma of tone, toys, and money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtmV5iw0CT8&feature=related

Damn that does look nice.  I'm using a Caesar Diaz "Tremodillo" right now that I like a lot, but the Black Cat obviously has a good track record.  Do you know how much they are?
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

fulltone1989

Quote from: Happyorange27 on July 29, 2011, 12:35:03 PM
Quote from: tomasmaclennan on July 29, 2011, 12:32:25 PM

Yeah they are like 10 bucks and look terribly useful for sure.  It's on my list eventually...um once i can afford pedals again. :D  I always wanted one on my delay pedal for the "delay time" knob. I love zipping up and down the delay time while holding a note.  It's like a whip-it.

They also do modification on analog pedals to allow an expression pedal to be hooked up to a 'Time" knobbie, be it for a delay, trem, or vibe; this1myne will install an exp pedal jack for you. You could probably make something sweeter and for less doll-hairs.

With the plug over, I think the Black Cat trem is a sweet pedal, but I can't recall ever seeing them for sale around. :(
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Happyorange27

If you are half handy with some basics, find out what the pot value is and put one of those pots in a wah pedal.  Just reroute the wires from existing tremolo pot to the wah pot.  Bam!  Now you are of to the races.  So many pedals can be done this way.  I hope that is cheaper than paying someone else for it.  FYI you can get broken wah pedals damn cheap these days.

IamWILSON

" Do you know how much they are?"

$175 seems like the going rate. Found it on Ebay and Analogman's site.  Free shipping on Ebay.
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

Happyorange27

FYI it's called "the Option Knob". Google it.