FS- Whammy II with True Bypass mod

Started by fulltone1989, August 03, 2011, 04:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

KEPT!
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

sour d

Not using your whammy huh? Blasphemy....
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

fulltone1989

Quote from: sour d on August 04, 2011, 12:53:53 AM
Not using your whammy huh? Blasphemy....

The whale calls get a little old hehe
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

raisingfreen

Just a thought on another use for the whammy....
If you have a two channel amp or even a deluxe reverb with the channels "in phase" try running the whammy dry signal into the reverb side and the wet side into the non reverb channel. Control the amount via the volume control on channel one. You can get just the slightest bit of lower or upper octave and can get some great subtle grind going or in some cases with using a delay the same way you cant get a synth type sound blended in. I do this on a little tweed amp and just dial in the amount I want via the volume control and it sounds really great. It's like having a mix knob on the whammy which would have been a really great feature. I wish all pedals had a mix control. Sometimes you only want just a little but of something but without it taking over.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

fulltone1989

Quote from: raisingfreen on August 04, 2011, 11:06:21 PM
Just a thought on another use for the whammy....
If you have a two channel amp or even a deluxe reverb with the channels "in phase" try running the whammy dry signal into the reverb side and the wet side into the non reverb channel. Control the amount via the volume control on channel one. You can get just the slightest bit of lower or upper octave and can get some great subtle grind going or in some cases with using a delay the same way you cant get a synth type sound blended in. I do this on a little tweed amp and just dial in the amount I want via the volume control and it sounds really great. It's like having a mix knob on the whammy which would have been a really great feature. I wish all pedals had a mix control. Sometimes you only want just a little but of something but without it taking over.

So you can control the "amount" of Whammy instead of the on-off it normally is? That's remarkable, i've gotten some offers but it's kind of worth more to me to keep it. Back to the stereo setup though, I've always been curious as to how clean Trey's Ocelot whale call signal is, and the funk sirens; does he do this? I also wish all pedals had a mix control, the thing that sets the older boomerangs apart from other loopers for me was the mix knob you could control with your feetz for the level, so good for jams and practicing jazz changes without having to bend over to adjust for dynamics- so cool!. Imagine if TS's or other drives could do that too? I'm sure theres a modification out there for delays and stuff though, JHS maybe?