Great Went Caspian

Started by Oubrekadoubre, January 01, 2012, 05:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oubrekadoubre

Hi everyone! My name is Brandon and I'm new to the forum. This is a really cool place.
I was wondering what you guys thought about this caspian. Trey really tears it up. Has anyone broken this jam down? I'd really appreciate any thoughts or help.

Thanks

Brian27

I think that its one of the best Caspians to date. Trey was on fire that whole weekend and his tone back then was the sickest tone in the history of music. My fav one  is the Caspian of all Caspians which was on 7/31/99.

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Oubrekadoubre

Thanks Happyorange!

The went was so on point. Caspian seems to be a microcosm of the weekend. 97 is my favorite tone too. It freakin screams. Im huge fan of the 99' Phil and Phriends caspian too.
I havent listent to 7/31 in a while. Its so nuts. Ive been wondering what effect that is for a while.
Anyone know? It shows up again in Character zero and Trey uses it in those Phil shows too. 99" basically

Brian27

Trey used a combo of Univibe and Whammy during the Great Went Caspian and during the 7/31/99 Caspian he used his Boomerang for reverse leads and also utilized his Whammy,Univibe, and Wah wah. He also created a Digital Delay Loop via his Ibanez DM2000 during the use of his Whammy. 

Oubrekadoubre

Thanks man. I just checked out those boomerangs. They are not cheap! haha I didn't think they would be though

Happyorange27

Brian thanks for the insight. Not ever playing a rang I didn't know you could just use the reverse setting to constantly play reverse lead. I thought you would have to use a reverse delay unit.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

IamWILSON

The Boomerang has lots of functions that peeps don't know about!
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

Oubrekadoubre

For sure Wilson! Do you have one?
Next time I've got $400 burning a hole in my pocket, I know what I'm gettin.
Here's a more broad question. Anybody want to share any trey-esque licks they like to throw in when they jam to Caspian?