Main Menu

CAE Switcher

Started by KevinOnutbag, February 07, 2012, 08:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinOnutbag

I have been slowly building my rig now for awhile. I feel its time for me to invest in a loop/switcher kinda thing to help me better manage all the effects i got going on and to help cut out tone loss and excess noise. Trey uses the CAE switcher and I am contemplating getting one but with the midi controller they're a bit pricey. So ive been looking into alternatives. Voodoo Lab Gcx, loop master are a few things that might suffice but i was wondering if maybe i could get some feedback from anyone who has any of these before i spend the cash. Also does anyone have any experiance dealing with CAE since they only make switchers custom to order i was wondering if the're easy to deal with and how long the process takes. Thanks for the help!!
Lp standard/Mex Strat/Equator Standard>RMC3 wah> ts9 silver mod x2> Comrossor>Fender hot rod deluxe.
Effects loop(Whammy 2>microverb>nanoverb>DM2000>Boomerang 3)

IamWILSON

Sorry I can't help answer any of those questions, but I can add to your cloud of uncertainty by throwing another option into the ring!  It looks like there's some nice options on this webpage.

http://this1smyne.com/custom/looper/

Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

manicstarseed

Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker