my band's first vid

Started by webephishin, February 08, 2012, 08:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webephishin

here is a youtube link to a vid my great friend put together.  It's kinda got a documentary feel to it, you'll see it fades in and out between us jammin in the basement and chillin at random times.  You'll also get some funny and sarcastic-seriousness in for a couple short bits...it just kinda shows the character of our band and kinda how we act...the song we're playing is called Apple Juice, and i can't remember the date it was played but I think it's in the video at the beginning.

enjoy and lemme know what you think!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOdZXvcUmI4
Guitars: Schecter c/sh-1 (SD 59 PUPs), Michael Kelly Valor CT, Fender Montara Acoustic/Electric

Effects: Boss tuner > Digitech Whammy II > Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby > EH micro Qtron > MXR Script Phase 90 > Dunlop Univibe > SD SFX-07 (Shape Shifter) Tremolo > TS9 AM Silver > TS9DX > Ross Compressor (Black) > Boss DD-7 w/FS-5U

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deville 410

phishlips

that's great man!  Looks like everyone is focused and having fun playing good music with friends, nice.  The video is great as well, visually and audio wise.  Very good.

was that Stiffler playing drums?, shirtless drummer.....classic!  jk
G&L ASAT lately into- RMC3, modded ts7, modded ts9, ibanez delay, ross compressor, boss tuner, fender super.  lots of other stuff but thats the meat and potatoes.

webephishin

haha yeah, we always joke with the drummer about him takin his shirt off...i think he just wants to show off his tats  ;) lol....he's good shit though, we all have a lot of fun.  we just started this band/project towards the end of last september so hopefully we'll have some more stuff like this to come. 
Guitars: Schecter c/sh-1 (SD 59 PUPs), Michael Kelly Valor CT, Fender Montara Acoustic/Electric

Effects: Boss tuner > Digitech Whammy II > Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby > EH micro Qtron > MXR Script Phase 90 > Dunlop Univibe > SD SFX-07 (Shape Shifter) Tremolo > TS9 AM Silver > TS9DX > Ross Compressor (Black) > Boss DD-7 w/FS-5U

webephishin

if you're interested, you can check out some rough recordings we have down at stereofrontier.bandcamp.com

webephishin

hey guys, here's a little video that a good friend of our band put together.  This show was a couple weeks ago, and the vid was a small test run of what we want to accomplish.  We had one camera from the side of the stage shooting in 1080p while a gopro was shooting on top of our light rig looking down on us. It was tough to get better angles with only 2 cameras and a low ceiling in the bar, but it turned out ok.  This song, "Tweaker" was our opener of our set. We will have more vids and recordings posted free to the public as we play more shows- you can check us out on soundcloud as well (link posted at the end of the video).  Check this out and lemme know what you think! I'm the guy in the green hat!

PS. Don't mind the flubs!  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c22U7iGRPy4

sour d

Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

tsbot

Yea man - great stuff!!  That second video link doesn't seem to be working though. 

webephishin

Quote from: tsbot on March 13, 2014, 06:49:28 PM
Yea man - great stuff!!  That second video link doesn't seem to be working though. 

Hmm...it works for me..I embedded it into the text window....but here's the link otherwise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c22U7iGRPy4

webephishin

Stecks

Quote from: webephishin on February 08, 2012, 10:33:02 PM
haha yeah, we always joke with the drummer about him takin his shirt off...i think he just wants to show off his tats 

He has nice teeth, though
Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ

webephishin

Here's a new demo i just finished today.  It gets pretty dirty at 1:52....check it out and lemme know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/schreintime/the-coin

Also, my band's album is all done and we will be releasing it digitally for free very soon, I will post the link on here when it's up!

Happyorange27

Pretty sweet demo. Sounds like it would make a cool soundtrack. What was the cool digitally 808 sounding synth stuff?  I liked it. Nice playing.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

webephishin

Quote from: Happyorange27 on June 01, 2014, 08:29:07 PM
Pretty sweet demo. Sounds like it would make a cool soundtrack. What was the cool digitally 808 sounding synth stuff?  I liked it. Nice playing.

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to.  But, I recorded all in my DAW in Logic X with software instruments and amp simulations.  Most of the guitar just had some reverb, overdrive (fuzz), and delay.  I used a couple mild arpeggiators and then 2 different synths for soundscapes, maybe that's what you're referring to?

Happyorange27