Main Menu

Wiring upgrades

Started by MomaDan, February 27, 2012, 02:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MomaDan

I'm about to buy some WCR Goodwood/Godwood pickups this week, they look awesome. Any recommendations for upgrading caps and pots? Or if they are even needed? I'd rather not buy one of those prewired harnesses from RS. I dont think im going to go with coil tapping or out of phase at this time, money is gonna be kinda short after this. I could also use a new or modified nut, some of the stock LP ones are pretty bad. Thanks
LP Studio w/ Wolfetone DR. V>Wilson Rippah>MXR Classic Dist>CompRosser>Strymon Mobius>Boomerang>TU-2>Fender SF Champ

the_great_lemon

I had a tech install a graphite nut, and graphite bridge saddles in my LP and they've shown me nuttin' but love since then.  Great tuning stability also!
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

fulltone1989

Quote from: the_great_lemon on February 27, 2012, 04:15:33 PM
I had a tech install a graphite nut, and graphite bridge saddles in my LP and they've shown me nuttin' but love since then.  Great tuning stability also!

Great advice! I should do that too, but I came in to say that when I bought WCR Fillmores direct back in 2009 they came with a complete wiring harness. Maybe your p/us will to?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

MomaDan

Turns out there only 2 conductor pickups. Do you still use the Fillmores? Theres a pair up for sale on gearpage right now
LP Studio w/ Wolfetone DR. V>Wilson Rippah>MXR Classic Dist>CompRosser>Strymon Mobius>Boomerang>TU-2>Fender SF Champ