Sounds of the Languedoc G4...anyone?

Started by cactuskeeb, May 19, 2012, 10:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactuskeeb

I know of at least one person on here who has this guitar. Anyone else? Also, could at least he whom we know to have one perhaps treat us all to some well-recorded sound clips or even -- please, please -- some videos? But videos of you playing it, that is, not just some softcore, semi-aerial shots that pan over the length of the guitar and back. Thanks in advance, man.  ;)

picture_of_nectar

Alright, alright, here is prolly the best I'd example I have right now bro, one of our fans recorded it. I'm not really one to sit around video taping myself, my chops are weak and I don't really consider myself the guy to be showing off a Languedoc in online forums. I am pretty content just making drunk bar flies dance...This was a gig back in January. There is another more Butcher'd version on Vimeo also that shows the tone better but I'm embarrassingly sloppy. I've got some recordings from band rehearsal and such...but our recorder ain't that great. I'm afraid your dealin with an amature here...

http://vimeo.com/36870476

Anyway,
The amp in this one is a 65 Princeton Reverb, it's not cutting through the mix real well.
In the other one the amp is my Carol Ann OD2r. Makes for a killer combo.

G4 is a sick guitar, I'd recommend it though I still long for a G2, could I do it over I would prolly go that route. I know one guy who owns one of each and prefers his G4. He's on PT. I tell you what my Artinger is every bit as good of a guitar and Matt was more pleasant to work with. Paul won't even reply to my emails offering praise to the guitar and asking questions about it. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth after spending that kind of coin with him.

David Myka's Dragonfly is right up there also, and he's great.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

picture_of_nectar

Check out this bad boy...

from here:
http://imgur.com/a/UtZeT#dDhRA

the_great_lemon

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

picture_of_nectar

Happyorange27

Pretty. Almost as pretty as my AO.  ;D Words of a jealous man.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

picture_of_nectar

That sunburst one isn't mine guys. That was taken at a Lecture Paul did. See the link below.

cactuskeeb

Thanks a lot for the video post. There's nothing amateur about your performance, believe me. I know what true musical mediocrity is and it most certainly includes me, definitely not you.

picture_of_nectar

Thx cactus. Check out the other Psycho Killer vid on our Vimeo page, G4 sounds better through my Carol Ann. I was running a fever at that gig...