Tap Tempo Delay (In the Market)

Started by fluffhead4020, December 17, 2012, 02:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluffhead4020

Hey guys, I'm looking for a decent/quality tap tempo delay pedal for guitar. I've perused around the internet and have found a couple, but I'd like to get some imput on ones that maybe ya'll have played around with or own.

I have been looking at this T Rex that I found on musicians friend: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/t-rex-engineering-tap-tone-delay-guitar-effects-pedal  tell me what ya'll think.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Joe

ColForbin

I am currently playing the Diamond Memory Lane Jr. 

http://www.diamondpedals.com/products/mln_jr.html

Super well built, out of Halifax, NS.  It has tap tempo, and that same switch, held down can double the speed of the repeats, or turn your modulation on and off.  It's modelled after their analog memory lane series...I'm very pleased with it.  Truthfully, I am using three different pedals from them right now, just solid dudes all around and great customer support.

Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

fulltone1989

Memory Lane is awesome. What are you looking for in a delay? Do you want presets? Multiple delay voices? I picked up a Flashback x4 that sounds great and has 3 presets which I use all the time. Perhaps most importantly, what's your budget?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Heady Jam Fan

I've heard good things about the T Rex, but never tried it myself. After trying/using many delays, I found I wanted a way to control the delay level via an expression pedal along with a tap tempo feature (and I wanted stereo). So that limited my search. I ended up going with the El Cap and it is great, but the Way Huge Supa Puss came out a few months after and I thought that looked really cool as well.

I don't know anything about the Flashback X4, but I wasn't completely thrilled with the Flashback when I had it.

Diamond has a very good rep, but none of their products seemed to match what I was looking for, so I have never tried any.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

fluffhead4020

Quote from: fulltone1989 on December 17, 2012, 10:31:12 AM
What are you looking for in a delay? Do you want presets? Multiple delay voices? I picked up a Flashback x4 that sounds great and has 3 presets which I use all the time. Perhaps most importantly, what's your budget?

My price range is about $250 so all of these suggestions fit. I'm really liking both the Flashback and the Memory Lane Jr so far. I'm gonna have to read some more reviews and watch more vids.

But I've never played around with delay pedals with effects on them, so I can't exactly say what I'm looking for. Just something badass for the money. If it does a lot and sounds legit - I'll add it to my cart. If it doesn't do a whole lot, but sounds amazing- I'll add it to my cart.

Thanks again for the help. These pedals are pretty sick.

picture_of_nectar

I'm planning to get a Strymon El Capistan
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

fulltone1989

The FBx4 has about 12 different delay types, 4 toneprint options (custom delays from various artists), 3 preset options, 40 second looper as well as MIDI and exp pedal options for each delay parameter.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

the_great_lemon

The Supa-Puss has really caught my eye.  Either that or the memory lane jr. would be great options...the X4 looks huge which would be my concern
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

fulltone1989

Quote from: the_great_lemon on December 17, 2012, 11:21:23 PM
The Supa-Puss has really caught my eye.  Either that or the memory lane jr. would be great options...the X4 looks huge which would be my concern

the X4 is rather big, but the top mounted jacks are nice at least. I fit that, a Whammy, and a Polytune mini onto the bottom row of my PT1