Vid of Trey talking about his rig

Started by jadirusso, December 29, 2012, 09:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_great_lemon

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Happyorange27

Ok I looked at the speaker on the video and then searched a Vintage 30 speaker and they appear to match.  Also learned that a V30 has a large H magnet which is not AlNiCo, but get's pretty damn close in performance to one.  That answers that question.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: Happyorange27 on April 09, 2014, 10:21:34 AM
Ok I looked at the speaker on the video and then searched a Vintage 30 speaker and they appear to match.  Also learned that a V30 has a large H magnet which is not AlNiCo, but get's pretty damn close in performance to one.  That answers that question.

Yes - he's always had those V30's in the 212's and Blues in the Bruno - no question. If I'm using a Celestion speaker, I pretty much only use the H-size magnets - if you feed an M-size magnet too much bass, it farts/flubs out. The H magnet is tonally most similar to the Alnico mag, but doesn't have that Alnico chime and its punchier when an Alnico would compress. I personally like the punchiness and don't think that Alnico chime is worth the price difference.

On that note - Bogner Shiva's come with a CL80, which I also like, but I'm selling mine - I prefer my Weber Blue Dog with my SFDR.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9