Vid of Trey talking about his rig

Started by jadirusso, December 29, 2012, 09:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jadirusso

Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

Happyorange27

Thanks man.  Here is the high def version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtQYhs4WUP0&feature=youtu.be
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

jadirusso

Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185

Happyorange27

Yeah, it's golden right?  Hey Joe, your guitar is looking bad ass.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

jadirusso

Joe

Happyorange27

Damn it's amazing. Looks like your Boner is holding up the guitar.

fulltone1989

Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Happyorange27

Thanks you beat me to it. I really like the part at the end where he talks about the monitors solely putting through the signal of those respective of players.

Happyorange27

Brian27

Treys Rig was probably shot at Dicks on 8/31/12. Mikes was shot during the MSG tun for sure because he had a much bigger rig before the MSG run. Treys rig didnt have a Victoria Reverberator sitting on the left side when he was showing his off.

picture_of_nectar

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Stecks

Re:  Trey's Equipment Theory @ 4:05

I agree, I think I'm the same way.  I'm kind of a luddite when it comes to gear...  I've been using the same stuff for at least 10 years now.  New gear requires a lengthy "getting to know you" phase of the relationship - can be fun, but tedious and not very reliable or stable.  I would love to get a new amp but GOD, yeah, figuring out where my sweet spots are can be a frickin' nightmare..   For example, when my Wah finally died last year, my response was to just drop it from my rig...  instead of buying a new wah. 

Dope musicians (I'm not one but I know a bunch) can make ANYTHING sound good.  Spending a bunch of cash isn't going to do crap for you if your time and chops suck.  The one teacher I studied with for a few months about 15 years ago told me "Don't spend more than 1200-1500 bucks on a guitar..."  I sort of agree, but I guess its nice to have something a little different, and that can take some moolah.  (Looking at the Doc players...) 

How often do you have to adjust your necks and bridges?   I'd imagine (may be way off, but this is my assumption) that the Doc can be very finicky... very responsive.  Requires a lot of care - I'd probably want to have it serviced at least 2-3 times a year, depending on climate.  Why buy a Ferrari and fill it up with 87 octane/obey speed limits?

Settle in and open that fucker up! :) 
Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ

picture_of_nectar

I've had my Languedoc set up once since I got it in 09. And my Luthier did very little to it. Intonation is always spot on, no buzz,  and in tune when it comes out of the case, that neck is very stable.

That said, I am not gigging with it regularly.

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Happyorange27

So Trey uses Celestian G12-80 Classic lead speakers right?  Anyone agree? Anyone have one or used one?