New vibe suggestions?

Started by fulltone1989, July 18, 2013, 09:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

Hey all, looking at some new vibes now that I can afford to upgrade a little. I like my MDV and all, so an authentic or as authentic as possible vibe would be preferable. I'm planning on downsizing to a Pedaltrain JR-sized DIY project in the near future, so size is somewhat of a determining factor. Anyways, throw me some suggestions!
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

TheSeeker

Quote from: fulltone1989 on July 18, 2013, 09:59:23 AM
Hey all, looking at some new vibes now that I can afford to upgrade a little. I like my MDV and all, so an authentic or as authentic as possible vibe would be preferable. I'm planning on downsizing to a Pedaltrain JR-sized DIY project in the near future, so size is somewhat of a determining factor. Anyways, throw me some suggestions!

Black Cat VIbe!!  They're a little pricey, but they sound amazing!  You can get the stompbox version, or rack version.  I have the rack version, and all I did was velcro'd it to my amp and I use a boss fs5l to turn it off and on.
PRS SE Semi-Hollow>Korg Tuner>Whammy ii>TS-9 Silver>TS-9 Silver>Ross Compressor>Delay>Ditto>Microverb>CAE Black Cat Vibe>Fender HRD (Weber Blue Dog)

Happyorange27

Quote from: TheSeeker on July 18, 2013, 01:32:22 PM
Quote from: fulltone1989 on July 18, 2013, 09:59:23 AM

Black Cat VIbe!!  They're a little pricey, but they sound amazing!  You can get the stompbox version, or rack version.  I have the rack version, and all I did was velcro'd it to my amp and I use a boss fs5l to turn it off and on.

What he said^
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Heady Jam Fan

I'm just has happy with my 40+-year-old Phase 45 as I was with an MDV2 - I liked and disliked both for various reasons.

More and more so, however, I've been kicking non-essential effects out of my rig... YMMV, but not sure if modulation will stick around in my rig much longer.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

fulltone1989

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on July 20, 2013, 12:34:06 PM
I'm just has happy with my 40+-year-old Phase 45 as I was with an MDV2 - I liked and disliked both for various reasons.

More and more so, however, I've been kicking non-essential effects out of my rig... YMMV, but not sure if modulation will stick around in my rig much longer.

Funny you mention that, because I am toying with that idea. For the band there are definitely songs that the MDV is great for, but when it's just me practicing I just use OD and delay really. I want to go to a 1 trip to the car rig relatively soon.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

fulltone1989

Anyways sold my MDV. Looking for something with foot control or the option for it, the MDV3 looks pretty sweet.

No Nice Guy

Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

fulltone1989