Trey's Rig - Volume Pedal

Started by Hoody, November 06, 2013, 01:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoody

I noticed on the fall tour that Trey has added back a volume pedal.  He previously used it only for his acoustic rig, but now has one for his electrical work as well.  Looked like he was not really using it as an effect (i.e., volume swells), but rather just to adjust his overall volume.

Its an Ernie Ball, but does anyone know what model it is?  And if he uses it for any other purposes? 

No Nice Guy

Quote from: Hoody on November 06, 2013, 01:26:17 PM
I noticed on the fall tour that Trey has added back a volume pedal.  He previously used it only for his acoustic rig, but now has one for his electrical work as well.  Looked like he was not really using it as an effect (i.e., volume swells), but rather just to adjust his overall volume.

Its an Ernie Ball, but does anyone know what model it is?  And if he uses it for any other purposes? 

Didn't see that.  He may use it for what I use, right in front of the delay and looper so it's easier to make quiet, ambient echoes and loops and vise versa.
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

Hoody

fulltone1989

No idea, but I'd definitely get the new Ernie Ball MVP when I add a volume to my rig.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

GonePhishing46

He used one in the mid '90s as well right after comp. Listen to the 3:35 mark of Stash on A Live One. I can roll my volume knob almost all the way down, and can't fade as far back in the mix as him, so leads me to believe it has to be a volume pedal. Or he could turn the comp off for it
Custom Hollowbody -> TS-10 -> TS-9 modded -> Ross Compressor -> Whammy II (True Bypass) -> Tuner -> Black Cat Vibe -> Alesis Quadraverb -> Groove Tubes Soul-O-75 -> Groove Tubes 4x10 Cabinet || Hammond Leslie

No Nice Guy

Well, Mike just put this on Instagram/Twitter:

I don't see no volume pedal there.

Also, man he looks tired as hell.

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: No Nice Guy on November 09, 2013, 06:37:08 PM
Well, Mike just put this on Instagram/Twitter:

I don't see no volume pedal there.

Also, man he looks tired as hell.

I think I see two treadles, one on each side of Trey's TS9's.
Other than that, no clue.

I think I'm going to try the Mission Engineering VM Pro this week though.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

ShockedAndPersuaded

One is a wah and the other is for the uni vibe. Saw it marked on the webcast. There are a few close up shots on Mr. Miners page too.
Guitars: 4 custom built, '79 LP standard, '69 ES 355, '83 LP Jr, '02 PRS HB II, '99 Strat>Bypass looper: Whammy II>Clyde Deluxe Wah>Maxon OD9Pro+>Cusack Tap-A-Whirl>Deja Vibe>Neo Ventilator>Fuchs TDS 100
Effects Loop: DD-7(short)>DD-7(long)

No Nice Guy

Quote from: ShockedAndPersuaded on November 10, 2013, 01:27:45 PM
One is a wah and the other is for the uni vibe. Saw it marked on the webcast. There are a few close up shots on Mr. Miners page too.

I think the one that isn't the crybaby is actually for the CAE Trem.

ShockedAndPersuaded

I believe you are correct. It is an actual Uni Vibe expression pedal though. There's a pic on Miners page from the 19th at Hampton that you can see the front of that pedal. Curious as to why he's using that instead of a regular expression pedal. I guess because he can? ;D
Guitars: 4 custom built, '79 LP standard, '69 ES 355, '83 LP Jr, '02 PRS HB II, '99 Strat>Bypass looper: Whammy II>Clyde Deluxe Wah>Maxon OD9Pro+>Cusack Tap-A-Whirl>Deja Vibe>Neo Ventilator>Fuchs TDS 100
Effects Loop: DD-7(short)>DD-7(long)

jenkins

Quote from: ShockedAndPersuaded on November 11, 2013, 10:13:19 AM
I believe you are correct. It is an actual Uni Vibe expression pedal though. There's a pic on Miners page from the 19th at Hampton that you can see the front of that pedal. Curious as to why he's using that instead of a regular expression pedal. I guess because he can? ;D

Im not trying to be a dick at all with this question but I am just wondering what the differences between a unified expression pedal and a regular expression pedal ?  is in a unified expression pedal just an expression pedal with univibe written on the front?
Am I missing something here?

Down_With_Sco

It's just an expression pedal that happens to say Dunlop Uni-Vibe on it or whatever... I noticed Trey had a volume pedal but does not use it for swells.

Kind of funny considering during the Dicks 2013 Esther, he was doing volume swells with his guitar volume knob.
Guitars: 2006 Gibson Les Paul standard, 1997 Fender Stratocaster, 90's Fender Telecaster, Xavier and Aria acoustics

Pedals: Furman SPB-8C; Epigaze Audio Neutrino buffer > RMC Wizard > Whammy DT > Korg pitchblack > Maxon AF9 > Maxon OD9 silver x2 > Analogman 2 knob compRossor > Analogman Astrotone fuzz > Black Cat mini trem > Black Cat Vibe > Boss 500FMH volume > Boss PH2 > FL9 > Ibanez DE7 > TC Nova Repeater > Xotic EP booster

FX loop: Boomerang Phrase sampler v1

Amps: 50w Rockitt Retro Plexi, '89 Simul-class Mesa MKIII Blue stripe combo (V30) > 3/4 closed back 2x12 (C90) Mesa cab, 3rd gen 40w Fender Hot Rod deluxe, 50w Marshall MG 1x12 combo