Main Menu

W

Started by Poster, October 30, 2007, 10:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

W
T

Walker done done

Dude - THANK YOU.  I can't wait to get my Vox out the door to him.  Which mods have you done to yours?  I'm thinking the full gamut, sans the battery toggle switch, which I don't need.

Thanks again!
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

Saaa-weeeeeeet!  Just dropped mine off at the post office yesterday!  Talked w/ Gary - super nice guy, as you said - and am getting the trems, LED, DC, bass sweep, & Dual Inductors.  Gave me a good deal on all of it - $125 total.  Not bad.  Can't wait to get it back, hopefully next week, he said.

Muchos Garcias again for the reco.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

Waahahahaha  :lol: , no hasn't arrived and no email from him yet, so looks like it may be next week before it arrives.  Asked him to email me when he was shipping it.  Glad you're giving good reviews on it!  Can't wait for mine!

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Walker done done

Nice gear, you must be pumped!

Too funny, too btw - I just got an email from Gary saying he was shipping it out today!  Shouldn't be more than a couple of days now.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Walker done done

Wow, just got back from the jamspot, don't know how long I was down there, but that's how long I was messing with the settings.  Man, there's soooo many different sounds to choose from, it's quite a diverse pedal.  Tons of different ranges and micro-ranges to delve into with this thing; I can tell I'm going to messing with it, dialing it in over the next few practices.  I think I've got it on a setting I like, but I'll have to wait till tomorrow to play with the band and see how it meshes.  

Gary put the factory markings on the pots, as well as some other \"jumping off points\" that get you started.  After messing with the bass pot, I ldecided to leave it where he had it initially, I increased the mid a little bit, and gave the volume a boost from where he had left it.  I also tweaked the Q a lot; not quite all the way, but more than 3/4 I think.  TOTAL CONTROL.  Pretty sweet.  It's nice to finally have a wah that does EXACTLY what I want it to do, not what it wants to do.

I also had him install the LED and 9V jack (both a must), as well as the bass trim (3 settings: normal, slight bass increase, big bass increase) & the single/dual selector switch.  I have it set to slight bass w/ the single selector (I believe) and can get a pretty nasty funkdefied swamp lead tone out of it w/ my TS's engaged.  I liked that one the most.  The other one I was flirting with was a rhythm wah, for something like Cities or just a jamming rhythm wah that wasn't too heavy or mucked up, but I can't remember the settings off the top of my head.  I'll post more once I dial this baby in a lil'.

Loop 3 Boomerang+