Brock Butler Guitar Rig

Started by Stiles12, November 04, 2007, 09:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiles12

We are stuck in Kansas. Picklehead suggested I do something instead of sitting around the hotel. Seeing as I have bought a good bit of new gear in 07 ( at least alot for me) I figure i will tell you about it.

I used to have the 100 pound mission control box. It held pretty much everything. Until I got all the moog stuff. Eventually more and more pedals were stretching outward. After jamcruise , all the travel was evident in the case. It now breaks down like this....

I have two furmans. one on each side of the lapsteel.

Furman 1
(Final Frontier, space sounds and other assorted ear candy)
1-the first pedal in line is the aphex optical compressor. Craig and Robert turned me on to this pedal while making LIVELOVEDIE. It has a light inside that gets brighter the harder I hit it. Sort of boosts the signal, but set too high, can overcompress if im not careful. Overcompressed is bad. Dare I say, my nemesis.

2- Ring Modulator- this is the first moog I purchased about a year before the other two. You will recognize this as the teakwood breakdown sound. I consider it ear candy wich I can make sweet or sour. I can have it in key , or slightly out for a dissonant sound. I have two expression pedals that allow me to manipulate these with my feet.

3- The murf- this pedal has faders that give control on how much of a certain frequency is allowed through. also the tempo of that sound. I have been using it more in a rythmic way than in melody. The tsmm from the most recent raleigh show is a good example of this. Also the occams.

4-analog delay- this pedal can do it all. I like to use it for a kind of jeff beck sound,from Blow by blow. It is very warm. I have been using it in the leads on speed queen and ttfpj alot recently.

Furman 2
(Goes to eleven)

5-Crybaby eq wah- This is a new wah for me. It has a five tone selector knob which is really cool because I feel with this pedal I can get it to sound like a variety of pedals. There is a thicker smoother sound that I like for crapshoot, on the other end I like it to sound a little harsh, like at the end of stealy man.

6-Tube screamer- this is the overdrive that I have been using a long time. I have had times where when I turn it on ,the song is supposed to take off and explode. I always found it a bit thin, but its still smooth.

7-Fulltone 69- Huffer showed me a review of this pedal and I if it worked the way it was described it would be exactly what I feel I have needed. This is a fuzz pedal. Its sounds awesome and what it has, is that when I engage it , it does not compress the signal. Doesn't make all the sudden different either. It seems to just morph without being distracting. I love this pedal. If it could see, I would use sign language to tell it ''You complete me".

8-fulltone 70- this is the opposite of the 69. its very thick and meant to compress. modeled after original big muffs. Its a bit noisy, but Im all about variety right now. Noise is not all bad.

9-big muff- i use this with the gibson lapsteel primarily. It makes it fat. Noisy though.

10-fulltone supertrem- this is the first fulltone pedal I got as great as the rest.Thick sharp tremelo

11-POG- This is a multi octave generator. I can really use this many ways. Synth sounds, make it sound lke an organ, and really thick unmuddy low end. Orange wedge from the most recent ga theatre is this low end I speak of.

12-mxr phaser- I use this on naive melody, thriller and funkytown. Its just funky. I can't describe it better than that .

13-Boss d6 digital delay- I use this almost more like a reverb. Try to give everything a little atmosphere. I also use it for the slapback delay on gibbles and the rythmic delay on drifting.

14-gibson echoplex- this is the looper. I think the name is self explanatory.

Guitars Es446 gibson, les paul classic, schecter scorpion elite, gibson lapsteel.

Budda 30 watt 2 12.

Hope you like what I do with these things.
It should be noted I really like gibson and fulltone products.

Yours truly
Bored and Cold in kansas
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

Poster

cool, interesting post. thanks