Main Menu

Lotus

Started by Stiles12, April 06, 2008, 02:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiles12

I just saw Lotus in the city last night, tell you what pretty cool stuff, they are really well composed, and all seemed to be on the same page the whole time, maybe they where "on" but even so, a lot of cool jams came from them, if you get a chance check it out, 4/5/08 live at the filmore at Irving plaza

Has anyone else checked this guys out, its 20 dollars which is cool
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

lumpy

i love lotus and actually just saw them for the first time at summercamp. i gotta say i havent danced like that in awhile.
can you still have fun?

weirimpressed

Stiles, you should check out Pnuma Trio. They got the same kinda idea as Lotus, and sound pretty good too. Fun to dance to for sure.

I saw Lotus for the first time at Rothbury, and was completely blown away. Hey, cant complain with twenty dollar tickets

Stiles12

I have heard of them, haven't ever taking a second to check them out though... I am going to see what I can listen to tonight ill let you know what i think

Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

AIM2bFunky

I live in Athens and they come to the Georgia Theater a lot.  For years.  It's been awesome to watch them evolve into the well oiled trance funk jam machine that they are now. 

I got scared when I heard they started having lyrical songs (Just from leftover bitterness from Particle), but I have their new Studio album.  It is the Jam.  Very nice and very minimalist funk at times with a little Motown Funk Brothers* feel in some songs.  I have also seen them on the resulting tour of the album release.  Also a very nice show.

Then again I may be biased because it is the same feel I am goin for in my band.  Love that "space" jam type of music.

Can't wait for Hampton