Main Menu

Wilson

Started by strangedesign, August 25, 2008, 11:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangedesign

All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

cactuskeeb

Then you've seriously got to listen to Antelope Part One of the same set.  The crazy wah solo is so amazing.

strangedesign

I will check it out tonight.

BTW, Trey had a really nice mullet back then...
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Poster

funny thats the first tape i got of phish back in boarding school in NH

Wolfe

i saw that on youtube awhile back, i thought i got the link from here! lol  that was some awesome stuff.
Set your gearshift to the high gear of your soul!

cactuskeeb

I like the part, midway through antelope, when the guy on the roof checks to make sure the coast is clear before running across to help the girl clutching a TV antenna. 

mike-o

Awesome.  I saw those vids the other day but must've missed Wilson somehow. 

I wonder what kind of guitar that is?  Looks like it has a Kahler locking trem system... interesting

cactuskeeb

It's a guitar made by a now-defunct burlington, vt, guitar company called "Time Guitars."  Paul Languedoc worked at Time Guitars for several years, before someone burned down the "barn" that housed their entire inventory and ruined the company.  It has a Floyd-rose locking trem, with the additional string locking mechanism on the nut; and I think it was installed on Trey's guitar because he was bending so many notes and probably throwing the guitar out of tune w/out it.  Paul talks about how his archtops solved this problem for Trey in an interview he did several years ago.  He explains that, with his G4 archtop design, there isn't any point on the guitar where the string tension is as high as it would have to be on any guitar without the two piece bridge (bridge and carved, ebony tailpiece). :)

Edit: Addendum: See below pictures of one Time guitar similar to Trey's--I did/do not own this one or take these pictures; the Time guitar I owned at one point was much weirder looking...at any rate, I've discussed it before and at length--I'm sure--hence, you can search the posts if you're interested in learning about it or simply PM me and I'll be sure to bore you to death.